Search found 7 matches
- 12 Feb 2015, 05:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Americanized versions of italian names
- Replies: 22
- Views: 27487
Re: Americanized versions of italian names
I know this is an old post but I just now came across it. My grandmother's name was Mattea. She hated that name and changed it to Edith. She was born in Colorado but her parents were from Italy.
- 09 Feb 2015, 18:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
That is actually a Steve Valoro, not related and I'm really not sure about the Mule's that are listed there. I need to find something on Roselie Mulay/Mule before I can go any further. This is Roselie & Stefano on Find a Grave http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... =115410145
- 08 Feb 2015, 23:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
Yes I think it is too but on all of the census records and the death index has her listed as Mulay. I have searched just about every spelling of that name is still come up with nothing. From what I understand there were two Mulay familys living in Pueblo Colorado. I can only find info on that one ...
- 08 Feb 2015, 22:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
Can anyone trace back the Taravella name? My uncle told me that when he was very young he traveled to Sicily and Spain to try and trace his family history and was told that Taravella may have originated in a tiny town called Taravilla in Guadalajara Spain. It would be interesting to see if that's ...
- 08 Feb 2015, 21:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
Why am I not getting any email replies letting me know that I had a response to my post? Subscribe topic is checked!
***** Never mind I found it!****
***** Never mind I found it!****
- 08 Feb 2015, 21:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
Thank you so much!!! I can't read those things so I appreciate all of the help! Please let me know if anything can be found on my grandmothers side Volore/Mulay I can't seem to find any trace of them!
- 08 Feb 2015, 04:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5396
Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
I am trying to trace my grandparent's parents and keep hitting a brick wall. I'll start with my grandfather... his name was Charles Vincent Taravella but I was told his name was really Vincent Charles. Ok now this is strange... my sister just recently found my grandparents marriage certificate and ...