Search found 23 matches
- 17 Aug 2018, 04:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Are there more recent marriage records 1945+ ?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 922
Are there more recent marriage records 1945+ ?
Are there sites that have information/records to more "recent" Italian marriages? Specifically 1945-1955?
- 17 Aug 2018, 04:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about Italian death records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1476
Re: Question about Italian death records
Darn, ok. Thanks for your response 
- 17 Aug 2018, 04:13
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Question about Uzzano and their churches
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2306
Re: Question about Uzzano and their churches
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.
- 15 Aug 2018, 20:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about Italian death records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1476
Question about Italian death records
Is there a way to find a death record for an ancestor if you dont know what province or commune they died in?
My biological grandfather, whom I or my dad never knew, disappeared after WWII, but we have no idea where he may have died, as he would be 97 now if he was still alive.
All we know now is ...
My biological grandfather, whom I or my dad never knew, disappeared after WWII, but we have no idea where he may have died, as he would be 97 now if he was still alive.
All we know now is ...
- 15 Aug 2018, 20:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with a picture
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4121
Re: Need help with a picture
Thank you very much Sunaj 
- 14 Aug 2018, 22:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Question about Uzzano and their churches
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2306
Question about Uzzano and their churches
I didn't find any topics previously posted about Uzzano, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the town and the churches/parishes there that might hold birth records. I just found out today from the Florence state archives that my biological grandfather that went missing after WWII was ...
- 14 Aug 2018, 19:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with a picture
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4121
Re: Need help with a picture
Sunaj,
After some lengthy research (and some help from Google Maps) I was able to get more information.
In this picture, Vezio is indeed standing on a dock in Risano (which is now Risan Montenegro). Benito Mussolini annexed Risan during WWII, and the Italians held it until September 1943. The date ...
After some lengthy research (and some help from Google Maps) I was able to get more information.
In this picture, Vezio is indeed standing on a dock in Risano (which is now Risan Montenegro). Benito Mussolini annexed Risan during WWII, and the Italians held it until September 1943. The date ...
- 03 Aug 2018, 19:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5137
Re: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
The state archive of Pistoia came back with no results. They have no military records. Is it possible that military records could be kept at a different archive than from where he was supposedly born?
I was also able to fit together clues that he was either stationed in, or spent time in Risano ...
I was also able to fit together clues that he was either stationed in, or spent time in Risano ...
- 20 Jul 2018, 04:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5137
Re: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
I sent an email to them, and have yet to get a response. Is there a particular format of request I should send them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Much thanks!
Much thanks!
- 17 Jul 2018, 06:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Picture needing translation #2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1065
Re: Picture needing translation #2
Thank you very much for this translation. It is very much appreciated.
- 15 Jul 2018, 16:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Picture needing translation #2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1065
Picture needing translation #2
While doing research to get information on my biological grandfather, Vezio Mario Benini, in hopes of getting clues, I need help with the translations on the back of these pictures.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
- 15 Jul 2018, 16:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Picture needing translation #1
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1858
Picture needing translation #1
While doing research to get information on my biological grandfather, Vezio Mario Benini, in hopes of getting clues, I need help with the translations on the back of these pictures.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
- 15 Jul 2018, 16:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with a picture
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4121
Re: Need help with a picture
I reviewed all of the pictures in this tiny collection, and almost all of them say Wien on it with a date. Also, it seems some say "Risano" instead of "Bisano". I will be posting these other pictures in a new topic to hopefully get them translated.
As always your help is appreciated.
As always your help is appreciated.
- 14 Jul 2018, 02:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5137
Re: Searching for records of biological grandfather Vezio Benini
Is this email address to the Florence state archive?
- 13 Jul 2018, 15:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with a picture
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4121
Re: Need help with a picture
Thank you again for your response Sunaj. It is very much appreciated.
This link below I posted before, containing the backs of some of the other few pictures we have of him. From what I can tell, at the bottom, it has a reference to Wien (Vienna Austria) and a date, but I cant make out the rest of ...
This link below I posted before, containing the backs of some of the other few pictures we have of him. From what I can tell, at the bottom, it has a reference to Wien (Vienna Austria) and a date, but I cant make out the rest of ...