I hope someone can decipher this child's name. The parents are Guiseppe and Rosaria Cascio la Mariana. It's listing 367, top right. Any additional info from the record would be a bonus!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6P4W-PJP?i=254&wc=MG3Z-DP6%3A351041301%2C351460901%2C351480101 ...
Search found 14 matches
- 24 Sep 2017, 23:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help reading baptism record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1438
- 02 Jun 2017, 02:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Insight As To Why This Would Happen?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2520
Re: Any Insight As To Why This Would Happen?
I found out that my great aunt died in Michigan in 1919 and was buried in a small rural cemetery. A kind lady at the county courthouse stopped by there on her way home one day but couldn't find a marker. The family was poor back then and probably couldn't afford a marker.
- 30 May 2017, 03:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone read this record?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 740
Can anyone read this record?
I believe this is the death record of my 5th great-grandfather. Having said that, I can't make out anything beyond the name. It's on the left page, 5th listing. The name is Tomaso Cascio la Mariana.
Thanks in advance!
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-XW1S-ZHP?mode=g&i=222&wc=MG3Z-N38 ...
Thanks in advance!
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-XW1S-ZHP?mode=g&i=222&wc=MG3Z-N38 ...
- 25 May 2017, 03:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone decipher this one?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2984
Re: Can anyone decipher this one?
Thanks again!
- 23 May 2017, 02:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone decipher this one?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2984
Re: Can anyone decipher this one?
The first document Shows 24 September, the second shows 27 October. Maybe the first is the marriage license and the other the actual wedding date? Maybe the first is the actual wedding date and the second the official registration?
Who knows.
Who knows.
- 22 May 2017, 04:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone decipher this one?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2984
Re: Can anyone decipher this one?
Ok, Why is this date different? Does this one list the bride's hometown? I ask because I cant find my great grandmother's birth record in Chiusa Sclafani.
https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer ... aab1417fdf
https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer ... aab1417fdf
- 22 May 2017, 03:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone decipher this one?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2984
Can anyone decipher this one?
Top left, in reference to the marriage of Antonino Casio la Mariana and Vencenza Giordano. I'm trying to find accurate names for the parents of the bride and any reference to where they live.
I'm a little confused, I believed them to be married on 24 October 1884, but this listing it looks like a ...
I'm a little confused, I believed them to be married on 24 October 1884, but this listing it looks like a ...
- 16 Feb 2017, 04:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help again, please...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1806
Help again, please...
I've found the marriage record for my 4th great-grandparents. Sadly, i can't make much sense of it. Can anyone help with a date and names of parents? Its on the right page, second from the top. The names are Giuseppe Cascio la Mariana and Rosaria Ferina. Thanks again!
https://familysearch.org/ark ...
https://familysearch.org/ark ...
- 14 Feb 2017, 04:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with marriage record in Latin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1097
Need help with marriage record in Latin
If anyone can help, This is the marriage record of my 3rd great grandparents, Antonino Cascio la Mariana and Vincenza Toretta. Please help me decipher it and find the names of my 4th great-grandparents, please. Thanks in advance!!
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DT77-V32?mode=g&i=106 ...
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DT77-V32?mode=g&i=106 ...
- 05 Feb 2017, 02:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help deciphering marriage record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 771
Re: Need help deciphering marriage record
Thanks Marty!
- 04 Feb 2017, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help deciphering marriage record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 771
Need help deciphering marriage record
I've found the marriage record of my second great-grandparents (Joseph Cascio Mariana and Maria Cavaleri), but cant read the names of my 3rd great -grandparents. Can anyone please help with the translation of the record?
Please look at page 282, top right.
Thanks!
https://familysearch.org/ark ...
Please look at page 282, top right.
Thanks!
https://familysearch.org/ark ...
- 22 Nov 2016, 01:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cascio La Mariana vs. LoCascio?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2467
Cascio La Mariana vs. LoCascio?
Greetings!
With help from the experts here, I was able to find my paternal grandfather as well as his parents and grandparents. I've always known my family name as "Locascio". However, on all the church records in Chiusa Sclafani, the family surname is listed as Cascio La Mariana. I'm thinking that ...
With help from the experts here, I was able to find my paternal grandfather as well as his parents and grandparents. I've always known my family name as "Locascio". However, on all the church records in Chiusa Sclafani, the family surname is listed as Cascio La Mariana. I'm thinking that ...
- 20 Nov 2016, 04:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my grandfather
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2246
Re: Looking for my grandfather
Thank you all so very much! you hit the nail right on the head!
That's definitely my grandfather, great grandparents and great, great grandparents!
That's definitely my grandfather, great grandparents and great, great grandparents!
- 28 Jun 2016, 04:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my grandfather
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2246
Looking for my grandfather
Greetings!
I'm trying to find history on my grandfather. I know from his WW1 draft registration that he was born in Chiusa Sclafani. Here's what I know:
He was born Carl? Carlo? Careuello? Locascio on 08/sept/1894 in Chiusa Sclafani.
His parents were Anthony (Antonino?) Locascio and Vencenza ...
I'm trying to find history on my grandfather. I know from his WW1 draft registration that he was born in Chiusa Sclafani. Here's what I know:
He was born Carl? Carlo? Careuello? Locascio on 08/sept/1894 in Chiusa Sclafani.
His parents were Anthony (Antonino?) Locascio and Vencenza ...