Help again, please...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
carogers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 04:03

Help again, please...

Post by carogers »

I've found the marriage record for my 4th great-grandparents. Sadly, i can't make much sense of it. Can anyone help with a date and names of parents? Its on the right page, second from the top. The names are Giuseppe Cascio la Mariana and Rosaria Ferina. Thanks again!

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
VotM
Elite
Elite
Posts: 305
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 22:04
Location: Maryland

Re: Help again, please...

Post by VotM »

Pretty sure the date is 27 August 1778. The given names for the groom's parents look like Tomaso [Cascio] and Maganda (corrected to Maranda?) and the bride's parents look like Domenico [surname on bride looks like d'Frina] and Lauria Gullina.
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Help again, please...

Post by PippoM »

Hello,
I'd say Giuseppe's mother was Margarita; bride's name is written Rosaria di Frina, daughter of deceased Domenico and Lauria Gullina (or Gallina).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
VotM
Elite
Elite
Posts: 305
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 22:04
Location: Maryland

Re: Help again, please...

Post by VotM »

Sounds good to me. "di Frina" vs. "d'Frina" makes sense, but the "i" ran into the "d" so much and the dot of the "i" was so pronounced that I was thrown off by it.

It looks like Margarita's surname may be Senduza or Sanduza.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help again, please...

Post by erudita74 »

Margarita's surname is Gendusa.

Erudita
VotM
Elite
Elite
Posts: 305
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 22:04
Location: Maryland

Re: Help again, please...

Post by VotM »

<chuckle> You beat me to the edit, Erudita! :-) Seriously, I was about to change those "S's" to "G's". Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help again, please...

Post by erudita74 »

The surname actually jumped out at me last night before I went to bed, but I was so tired that I just had to shut down my computer. Sorry if I beat you to it this morning.

Erudita
VotM
Elite
Elite
Posts: 305
Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 22:04
Location: Maryland

Re: Help again, please...

Post by VotM »

What's funny is that you posted only a minute behind my misspelling; I entered my post, then realized I'd made the mistake this morning that I avoided with "Gullina" last night. And I still ended up using "z" for "s".
Post Reply