Search found 2 matches

by Emile
22 Jan 2017, 23:28
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization as a minor
Replies: 1
Views: 867

Naturalization as a minor

I'm researching whether I'm eligible for Italian citizenship through my grandfather, and I found this on Wikipedia:

"Note that if an Italian ancestor naturalised as a citizen of another country independently from his or her parents, and prior to reaching legal Italian adulthood (age 21 prior to 10 ...
by Emile
22 Jan 2017, 22:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Claim to citizenship concerning independent naturalization of a minor
Replies: 7
Views: 3962

Re: Claim to citizenship concerning independent naturalization of a minor

Hello! I have a similar situation: my grandfather emigrated to the US in 1931, when he was 12 years old, and naturalized independently (so it seems). His mother and father had naturalized earlier. Does this mean I'm also ineligible for citizenship?