This is fantastic. Thank you for your help!
I assumed ours would be on the slower end since we applied right before the holidays, so I will keep my fingers crossed.
Search found 9 matches
- 08 Jan 2021, 19:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Timeline for documents from Italy (post Consular appointment)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1356
- 07 Jan 2021, 20:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Timeline for documents from Italy (post Consular appointment)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1356
Timeline for documents from Italy (post Consular appointment)
Hi!
I successfully applied for citizenship Jure Sanguinis last December (2019) at the NY Consulate.
At the time, the Consular Official said it would likely take 12-14 months to document our paperwork in Italy and send us our new Italian documents.
With Covid, I am assuming this timeline will be ...
I successfully applied for citizenship Jure Sanguinis last December (2019) at the NY Consulate.
At the time, the Consular Official said it would likely take 12-14 months to document our paperwork in Italy and send us our new Italian documents.
With Covid, I am assuming this timeline will be ...
- 15 Nov 2019, 17:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship and divorce
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1590
Re: Italian Citizenship and divorce
I was assuming that, but just wanted to get some feedback
Consulate is New York
Consulate is New York
- 12 Nov 2019, 17:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship and divorce
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1590
Italian Citizenship and divorce
Hi! Hoping someone can help me on this.
I have my citizenship appointment in December and have all of my documents, apostilles, and translations BUT
I discovered that my deceased grandmother (not direct Italian line) was at some point married and divorced in Germany prior to marrying my deceased ...
I have my citizenship appointment in December and have all of my documents, apostilles, and translations BUT
I discovered that my deceased grandmother (not direct Italian line) was at some point married and divorced in Germany prior to marrying my deceased ...
- 13 Mar 2017, 21:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship Fail
- Replies: 75
- Views: 27429
Re: Citizenship Fail
Lot's of interesting info. I suppose if they don't want an Italian speaker who studied at the Sapienza, I will just stay in NY. I have actually dug through the NYC municipal archives and reached out to churches where they lived in Manhattan and Brooklyn to no avail.
My father was the oldest of ...
My father was the oldest of ...
- 13 Mar 2017, 12:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship Fail
- Replies: 75
- Views: 27429
Re: Citizenship Fail
They were from the same town (Mormanno). They came here separately, both their ship manifests list them as single. He lived with a friend and she with her brother, birth were on the same street. His initial intention to naturalize document had him as single, and within the 3 years until the ...
- 12 Mar 2017, 23:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship Fail
- Replies: 75
- Views: 27429
Re: Citizenship Fail
AliG, I forgot to ask. Is your grand-mother's name listed on your grand-father's naturalization certificate as his wife? My grand-mother's name IS listed on my grand-father's naturalization certificate but that's because they were legally married and also the reason the consulate had no question ...
- 12 Mar 2017, 05:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship Fail
- Replies: 75
- Views: 27429
Re: Citizenship Fail
Thanks for everyone's insight. I have a lawyer friend in Rome that may help me, but wondering if anyone here dealt with this? It seemed like it was just my guy at the Consulate making his own interpretation of the rule, as I know others who have had their cases processed with the same missing ...
- 02 Feb 2017, 19:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship Fail
- Replies: 75
- Views: 27429
Citizenship Fail
We had our appointment this week. We had all our documents except for one missing marriage certificate for my grandparents (both Italian born). We have my father's birth certificate, listing them as the parents. We have searched all over the city of New York, all the churches, as well as their ...