I am looking for the birth records of Giovanni 1895 and Pietro 1899. Pietro is the son of Vincenzo and Maria (Catone) Mincione. I'm not sure if Giovanni is a son or not, I have conflicting information on him. Pietro was born in Pontelatone or Formicola.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Search found 12 matches
- 05 Feb 2018, 20:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Record for Mincione
- Replies: 1
- Views: 833
- 08 Aug 2017, 22:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cemetery Names and records
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2973
Cemetery Names and records
My ancestors came from Pontelatone and Formicola. What are the cemetery near by? How do you find out who is buried incwhat cemetery?
- 14 Jun 2017, 16:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Marty, I'm coming to you again. I was hoping you can do another search for me. I know that Vincenzo Mincione had an older brother Paul, here in English. He was born between 1861 and 1863.
There is also a possible other brother. He was born around 1871. He also used the name Jim or James Mitchell ...
There is also a possible other brother. He was born around 1871. He also used the name Jim or James Mitchell ...
- 11 Jun 2017, 13:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Marty, when it says deceased is that both parents or just the one? Also have you found anything on the siblings of Vincenzo Mincione? He was my grandfather.
- 10 Jun 2017, 23:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
I joined but I have the toughest time finding the records outside the USA. My other side in Irish, which at least puts the records in English which I can then read without help! If you do find anymore please feel free to share.
- 10 Jun 2017, 17:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Thanks Marty, do you do this research in a Family History Center or online. I live in an area that does not have a FHC near by. I wish one was closer. Can I access this records online at the in the family search.org site?
- 09 Jun 2017, 17:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Ok I never heard of many other places except Formicola. Again your help is invaluable in pieces this family together. Everything is so disjointed here and of course all the people are long gone. If I need anything else I'll let you know.
- 08 Jun 2017, 21:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Yes in the US his name was James. I think it might be Vincenzo or Buduzo in Italian. They did have at least one son born there in about 1899. His name was Pietro (Peter) and family legend has it he went back to Italy after 1930 and died there.
- 08 Jun 2017, 15:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Thanks Marty, you help is invaluable. I hope you don't mind researching for me. I wish I read Italian. When Vincenzo got here he used the American name James. Yes he married Maria Difrancesco. She was born around 1883 in Formicola. I do believe their only child was born there too. I won't know her ...
- 07 Jun 2017, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Re: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
Thank you are there any references to other children from the marriage of Giovanbattista Catone and Maria. And yes Antonio Catone wife's name here is Maria Josephine Caputo born 1882 also in Formicola.
- 06 Jun 2017, 19:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need help w/ information
- Replies: 34
- Views: 23843
Re: need help w/ information
William Mitchell, born 1901 was in the St Joseph Infant home, Troy NY with his brothers Joseph and Paul in 1910. James, Mary and the other children where also living in Troy at the time. I don't know why they were there. Mary last appears on the 1925 NY census in Troy, NY. James is on the 1940's ...
- 06 Jun 2017, 15:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Catone Family, Formicola Italy
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6545
Catone Family, Formicola Italy
My grandmother's name was Maria (or Mary) Catone. She was born between 1875 and 1879. She had three brothers, sorry I only know the English version of their names, Anthony 1878, James 1881 and Patrick 1892. I think their father name was Antonio. All immigrated to the USA. Maria around 1900, Anthony ...