Search found 9 matches

by ferrara
07 Jul 2018, 13:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: I haven't been paid for my consulting work in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 2243

I haven't been paid for my consulting work in Italy

I know this isn't a business law forum, but I didn't really know where else to ask! :D

I did several weeks of intensive consulting work in April in Milan, and the agreement was that I would be paid in full at the end of the month (April). It is now July and I haven't been paid. It is taking ...
by ferrara
10 Sep 2017, 17:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

datxcali, I have contacted four of the lawyers listed and have not received any responses. Is this a busy time for the avvocatos?

ferrara
by ferrara
19 Aug 2017, 00:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

A timeline/summary those who are just viewing the thread:

1881 - GGGF born, Italy
1902 - Married GGGM, Italian citizen
1903 - GGGF Naturalized
1905 - GGGF receives US passport
1908 - GGF born, US
1920 - Census lists GGGF as PA and GGGM as AL
1935 - GGF marries
1937 - GM born, US
1959 - F born, US
by ferrara
18 Aug 2017, 23:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:



But it does appear that your great-great grandparents got married a year before he naturalized. So you do have a path through her since she was naturalized involuntarily and was, therefore, able to transmit citizenship to your GGF.

And this needs to be emphasized.

Your great grandfather's ...
by ferrara
17 Aug 2017, 17:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

Is it possible that, despite the presence of an Index for Petition for Naturalization, if the USCIS cannot locate the Naturalization Certificate in their archives, they would issue me a "No Record Found" and I could then present this in court?

My father, whose line I am pursuing, was born in 1959 ...
by ferrara
17 Aug 2017, 14:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

I see, so this small card is actually his proof of naturalization. Disappointing. I thought I needed a "Certificate" of naturalization, which was a full-sized document.

The other strange thing is that his wife is listed as AL. Would she not have automatically been naturalized along with him?
by ferrara
15 Aug 2017, 15:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 6339

Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

Hello,

I am trying to obtain citizenship through my F-GM-GGF-GGGF.

My GGGF, Emanuel Ferraro, was born in 1881 and lived in Italy (Palermo, from what I hear). He came to the US in 1900, and submitted a Petition for Naturalization card (a small index card) on Jan 6, 1903.

Emanuel's son, Emanuel Jr ...
by ferrara
14 Aug 2017, 23:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: G-G-Grandfather submitted papers in 1903, but listed as Papers Submitted in 1920 Census
Replies: 1
Views: 1103

G-G-Grandfather submitted papers in 1903, but listed as Papers Submitted in 1920 Census

I am seeking Italian citizenship through my Father - Grandmother - Great Grandfather - Great Great Grandfather.

My G-G-Grandfather was born in Italy in 1881, and submitted intention to naturalize papers in 1903, just before my G-Grandfather's birth. However, in the 1920 census, my G-G-Grandfather ...