G-G-Grandfather submitted papers in 1903, but listed as Papers Submitted in 1920 Census

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
ferrara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Aug 2017, 23:09

G-G-Grandfather submitted papers in 1903, but listed as Papers Submitted in 1920 Census

Post by ferrara »

I am seeking Italian citizenship through my Father - Grandmother - Great Grandfather - Great Great Grandfather.

My G-G-Grandfather was born in Italy in 1881, and submitted intention to naturalize papers in 1903, just before my G-Grandfather's birth. However, in the 1920 census, my G-G-Grandfather is not listed as Naturalized, but instead only as PA (Papers Submitted). Why might this be the case? Was he never naturalized?

Does this mean I can pursue Citizenship through his status as non-naturalized? Is there something else I need to know about the process?

Many Thanks,

ferrara
ferrara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Aug 2017, 23:09

Re: G-G-Grandfather submitted papers in 1903, but listed as Papers Submitted in 1920 Census

Post by ferrara »

Please delete this thread as I posted a similar one before this one was approved by the moderator.
Post Reply