Search found 20 matches
- 14 Apr 2022, 23:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1948 Case Question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2212
Re: 1948 Case Question
Ok, thank you all for the very helpful information. I will let them know.
- 14 Apr 2022, 20:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1948 Case Question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2212
Re: 1948 Case Question
Thank you for your response, and the information. I know what you mean. I think I actually spoke to every company & lawyer online. It definitely is a long and tedious process. I have actually gathered all the required documents myself over the past year or two, and only have to get a certified copy ...
- 13 Apr 2022, 23:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1948 Case Question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2212
1948 Case Question
Hi, I am in the process of trying to apply for Italian Dual Citizenship, and had a question about the process.
I am applying through my maternal grandmother. The case would be a 1948 case with the Court of Rome. My question is that if I were to be approved and get Italian Dual Citizenship would my ...
I am applying through my maternal grandmother. The case would be a 1948 case with the Court of Rome. My question is that if I were to be approved and get Italian Dual Citizenship would my ...
- 30 Jun 2021, 03:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Re: Jure Sanguinis Help
Yes, Agreed. Certificate of Citizenship is Derived. Naturalization certificates say Naturalization on it. I think the certificate of citizenship was to show proof of citizenship for those who had no proof of citizenship. I think my grandfather’s was different and stated Derivative on it. It will ...
- 29 Jun 2021, 22:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Re: Jure Sanguinis Help
Yes, that makes sense. It seems like there are lots of demand for Italian Citizenship at the moment. I figured that is why a lot of them don't want to touch my case, because I noticed one of the ways they use to attract business over their competitors is by boasting their high success rates. I want ...
- 29 Jun 2021, 19:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Re: Jure Sanguinis Help
Thank you mler for all your help and taking the time to discuss this with me. I really appreciate it, and you were very helpful. I will definitely check out your link, and try to post on the other forum.
Thank you qualdom! I know I would be able to win, but the problem is that there doesn’t seem to ...
Thank you qualdom! I know I would be able to win, but the problem is that there doesn’t seem to ...
- 29 Jun 2021, 03:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Re: Jure Sanguinis Help
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, and yes I agree derivative citizenship is given automatically.
The whole case seems to revolve around the 30+ years between arriving and being recognized as a US citizen. If they notified her in 1942, then there would obviously be no case. The fact ...
The whole case seems to revolve around the 30+ years between arriving and being recognized as a US citizen. If they notified her in 1942, then there would obviously be no case. The fact ...
- 28 Jun 2021, 23:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Re: Jure Sanguinis Help
Hi, Thanks so much for your reply, and thanks for your link. It is a nice quick reference guide. I am aware of the changes they made to the INA. Considering my grandmother tried to Naturalize in 1968, we would assume they would go by the 1952-1978 rules. However, I still see numerous issues ...
- 28 Jun 2021, 20:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9831
Jure Sanguinis Help
Hi, I am in the process of applying for Italian Dual Citizenship via Jure Sanguinis. I am applying through my maternal grandmother, so am trying to submit a 1948 Court of Rome case, but have run into quite a mess regarding my Grandmother's US Immigration File. I have all the required documents, but ...
- 17 Nov 2019, 20:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2498
Re: Help Translating Birth Certificate
Thank you very much for your help. I will do some more digging at the library to see if I can find the attachments that you mentioned, and see if I can find information on the orphanage. Thanks again.
- 15 Nov 2019, 18:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2498
Re: Help Translating Birth Certificate
Thank you both very much for your help. I was hoping there would be some clues as to who the birth parents were. If it does not name either of the parents, he was not claimed, and he was given to an orphanage, then does anybody know of any other way I would be able to solve this mystery? Is it ...
- 15 Nov 2019, 02:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2498
Re: Help Translating Birth Certificate
Ok, Thanks for your help. I have attached it here.
- 14 Nov 2019, 20:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Birth Certificate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2498
Help Translating Birth Certificate
I am trying to get a proper translation of an Italian Birth certificate. It is from 1901 in Carolei Italy. The person in the birth certificate was adopted, and I was referred here from another part of the Forum in hopes that someone can help me find out if this Birth Certificate holds any clues. I ...
- 04 Nov 2019, 16:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4199
Re: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child
Ok thank you very much. I didn’t know that. I will look into it later today.
- 04 Nov 2019, 14:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4199
Re: Help Finding Birth Parents of Italian Child
Do you happen to know what phrases I should be looking for and where on the certificate that information would be listed? I didn’t think it would list the name of who the child was entrusted to, and never thought to think that could be the birth mother. I will have to try to translate the complete ...