Search found 18 matches

by Smarty2pop
18 Dec 2025, 21:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 2 old documents needing translation #2
Replies: 2
Views: 4649

2 old documents needing translation #2

I found both of my documents from ItalianParishRecords.org. This second document is of a wedding of my great grandfather father ×4 and my great grandmother x4. Again from Greci Italy. His name is Antonio Rex, hers is Carmina Norcia. I see the naming of my greatgrand father's ×5 (their father's, who ...
by Smarty2pop
18 Dec 2025, 21:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 2 old documents I need translated #1
Replies: 1
Views: 3184

2 old documents I need translated #1

I know a little of the names Im working with and overall idea what the documents are, but would like to have the pieces put together for me as Im not fluent and Im missing dates and ages. #1. Appears to the a Baptism of Frencesco Rex my great grandfather ×5. Dated Aug. 1688 his father was Apostolo ...
by Smarty2pop
23 May 2025, 13:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
Replies: 3
Views: 1631

Re: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.

Thank you. I saw in the last sentence in the first paragraph it was capitalized like a last name Mascolino. I'm OK with picking out names in documents and ages, but that's as good as it gets for me. I was hoping that may be a last name. Thank you for clarifying that it wasn't. One last question, on ...
by Smarty2pop
23 May 2025, 05:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
Replies: 3
Views: 1631

At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.

Hoping you might aid me with any clues you may find in this document naming Nicola Spichetti and Angela D'Avella in this birth certificate of Vincenzo Spichetti. As the ages listed for both of them, in this document, brings them at a birth date each of the 1700's. Im unable to dig much further. I ...
by Smarty2pop
14 May 2025, 20:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwritten Publication of Marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 1781

Re: Handwritten Publication of Marriage

I don't know where to begin to thank you. All I had to go by was my grandmother's marriage license here. For father it said " Francesco Ippolito" occupation "railroad". No ages, nothing. Through you I have so much to go on. Names, dates, churches, lineage on great and great great grandparents. I don ...
by Smarty2pop
14 May 2025, 16:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwritten Publication of Marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 1781

Re: Handwritten Publication of Marriage

By any chance does their wedding documents, which you attached, include the ages of Salvatore Ippolito and Rosina Reale as well as Giuseppe Spichetti and Maria Michela Mascolo? As I might be able to locate them as well. I'm so very excited, thank you!
by Smarty2pop
14 May 2025, 16:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwritten Publication of Marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 1781

Re: Handwritten Publication of Marriage

Omg, thank you so much, now I have their wedding and the names of my great great grandparents! This will help me in my journey of finding my lineage. Thank you so very much!
by Smarty2pop
14 May 2025, 15:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwritten Publication of Marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 1781

Handwritten Publication of Marriage

This publication is of my great grandparents, Francesco Ippolito and Maria Servita Spichetti. I usually can piece together a partially written document, but I'm lost on this one. I know so much information can be held in documents and I don't want to miss out on any aspect of their life. If you can ...
by Smarty2pop
25 Jul 2024, 06:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing clarification and translation
Replies: 4
Views: 744

Re: Needing clarification and translation

Thank you so very much! This has helped me immensely.
by Smarty2pop
25 Jul 2024, 04:20
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing clarification and translation
Replies: 4
Views: 744

Needing clarification and translation

Needing clarification on this marriage. I know Nicola Carchia was married to Bruno and Mariarosa Cifaldi was married to Abbatangelo (?). Am I correct in reading that now Nicola and Mariarosa are getting married as both of their spouses passed? And if so, does it list Carchia's and Cifaldi's parents ...
by Smarty2pop
03 Apr 2024, 00:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing help with this birth certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 913

Re: Needing help with this birth certificate

Tessa, omg, this is my great Uncle Nichola, not to mention my great great grand parents! I just got in from work and saw this...I'm in tears. My grand parents talked so much about their lives and family in Italy. Both sides of my family are from this region and Foggia. Seeing these documents helps ...
by Smarty2pop
30 Mar 2024, 22:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing help with this birth certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 913

Re: Needing help with this birth certificate

This is a Great help! I was having problems locating Giuseppi's wife (my great, great grandmother) Maria Michela Mascolo. I don't know the customs at the time, would all documents from time of his death on, for her, still be in her maiden name or married? Yet, another possible lead. Thank you so ...
by Smarty2pop
30 Mar 2024, 12:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing help with this birth certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 913

Re: Needing help with this birth certificate

I don't know how to thank you, this is such a great help. Once again you helped me put a puzzle piece of my family together. Thank you!
by Smarty2pop
30 Mar 2024, 12:39
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Confused with this matrimonial
Replies: 2
Views: 463

Re: Confused with this matrimonial

Thank you so much! Nicola is my great great great grandfather. Now I know who his parent are and sister! Thank you so very much!
by Smarty2pop
30 Mar 2024, 03:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Needing help with this birth certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 913

Needing help with this birth certificate

I know Francesco Ippolito was married to Sevita Spichetti, but in this birth certificate Francesco isn't mentioned at the top of the document, but in a paragraph after the wife's name. Having a tough time interpreting this birth certificate.