Search found 8 matches
- 26 Jan 2018, 20:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3090
Re: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
Hello again! Thanks to Paola's very kind assistance, I have more information for anyone still following along at home. According to a Bisuschio parish census taken circa 1912, family members of Angelo and Giuseppa reported that the pair got married in America in 1889. This seems like a great lead on ...
- 16 Jan 2018, 20:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3090
Re: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
Thanks Marty, that's very helpful.
I do have some good news to share - the Bisuschio parish got back to me today! Unfortunately they didn't have any records of Angelo's birth or marriage, but they did find him referenced in other sources. Apparently he was born to parents Antonio Broggi and Amalia ...
I do have some good news to share - the Bisuschio parish got back to me today! Unfortunately they didn't have any records of Angelo's birth or marriage, but they did find him referenced in other sources. Apparently he was born to parents Antonio Broggi and Amalia ...
- 09 Jan 2018, 20:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3090
Re: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
Thanks very much Marty! Could you kindly suggest where I might look for the marriage banns? Who would keep records of those if not the Comune?
- 08 Jan 2018, 20:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3090
Re: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
Update to add more info: Angelo's parents were Antonio and Amalia. He may have been born in either 1864 or 1865, still trying to track down the birth certificate. I mentioned Switzerland because I believe he had family there, and may have spent some time there on transit to the US.
Giuseppa's ...
Giuseppa's ...
- 08 Jan 2018, 18:44
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Posting new topics
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2487
Re: Posting new topics
Thanks very much for your response, I had indeed missed the message! Please feel free to delete this topic.
- 06 Jan 2018, 14:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Broggi Family
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4267
Re: Broggi Family
Hi all, I'm new on the forum. I don't meant to butt in on someone else's thread, but I've tried posting new topics and they just don't seem to want to show up - anyone know why this could be?
In any case I'm also looking for information on this same ancestor, Angelo Broggi (hi sheana01, perhaps we ...
In any case I'm also looking for information on this same ancestor, Angelo Broggi (hi sheana01, perhaps we ...
- 05 Jan 2018, 21:17
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Posting new topics
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2487
Posting new topics
Hi all! I'm new to the forum. About 24 hours ago I tried to post my first topic in the genealogy section seeking help locating my great-great-grandparents' marriage certificate, but it still hasn't showed up. I searched and didn't see anything in the FAQ about a waiting period, so I thought I'd try ...
- 04 Jan 2018, 20:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3090
Marriage Certificate - were they married? When? Where?
Hi all, like so many others I am trying to find Italian documents for a jus sanguinis citizenship application and running into problems, so here I am hoping for your help! I'm specifically having troubling locating the marriage certificate of my great-great-grandparents. Here's what I know:
Angelo ...
Angelo ...