Search found 6 matches

by vcutrie
14 Jun 2018, 02:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of birth record
Replies: 1
Views: 769

Translation of birth record

I am looking for help in translating this birth record. I believe the Caterina Cutri mentioned is my 4th great grandmother but cannot tell what/if their is any relation to the child. I am not certain if she is the mother or perhaps midwife? It appears the child, Diego does not have a known father ...
by vcutrie
10 Jun 2018, 21:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of marriage record
Replies: 3
Views: 1381

Re: Translation of marriage record

Thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions on finding out the possible father of Giuseppe? Is it likely from this record that he was an illegitimate child and adopted the mother Caterina's surname?
by vcutrie
25 May 2018, 04:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Iannuzzi and Cordasco San Donato di Ninea
Replies: 0
Views: 2505

Iannuzzi and Cordasco San Donato di Ninea

I am searching for any information on my great-great grandfather Vincenzo Iannuzzi. According to his obituary and death certificate he was born 9/18/1852 in San Donato di Ninea. He died 3/12/1922 in Ogdensburg, NY. I have no information on any siblings or parents. His surname was later Americanized ...
by vcutrie
25 May 2018, 04:07
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of marriage record
Replies: 3
Views: 1381

Translation of marriage record

I would appreciate any help in translating the marriage of my ggg grandparents, Giuseppe Cutri and Antonia Portolesi. In particular, I am trying to make out if any father is listed for Giuseppe. His mother is listed as Caterina. Thank you in advance for any help.
by vcutrie
25 May 2018, 04:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Virgara family from Plati
Replies: 1
Views: 1466

Virgara family from Plati

I am searching for information on my great-great grandmother Caterina Virgara b. abt 1844. She married Pasquale Cutri and they lived their entire lives in Plati. I have searched the available records at the Archivo di Stato for Plati but unfortunately cannot locate a birth record for Caterina or her ...
by vcutrie
25 May 2018, 03:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cutri from Plati
Replies: 1
Views: 1228

Cutri from Plati

I am searching for info on the Cutri family of Plati, Reggio di Calabria. I have searched the Plati archives and the furthest back I can go is my 3rd great grandfather Giuseppe Cutri b. 1784 d. 9/13/1845. He married Antonia Portolesi 8/24/1809. They appear to have lived their entire lives in Plati ...