Virgara family from Plati

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
vcutrie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 14 Apr 2018, 03:03

Virgara family from Plati

Post by vcutrie »

I am searching for information on my great-great grandmother Caterina Virgara b. abt 1844. She married Pasquale Cutri and they lived their entire lives in Plati. I have searched the available records at the Archivo di Stato for Plati but unfortunately cannot locate a birth record for Caterina or her marriage to Pasquale. I am very interested in finding her parents and siblings. There are several Virgara families in Plati during this timeframe but cannot connect any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to connect with anyone researching the Virgara or Cutri families.

Thank you,
Vince Cutrie
alebur
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jan 2025, 19:56

Re: Virgara family from Plati

Post by alebur »

Late to the party, but will try anyway.
I have built a massive tree, starting from my wife's family - it has romeo, cutri, virgara, catanzariti, trimboli, etc..
I believe I have your person:

Caterina Virgara
B:6 Apr 1849 Plati, Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy
D:1 Jun 1932 Plati, Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy

Married to Pasquale Cutri
B:10 Feb 1837 Plati, Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy
D:14 Aug 1914 Plati, Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy

They had 11 children altogether, but I have not managed to develop that part of the tree yet.
Reach out if you are still interested - the tree is called "La Famiglia Is Tutto" and it's on ancestry (private).
Post Reply