Just an update--Torino seems to be the correct place to look. Caltanissetta came back to me saying they only had a birth certificate and liste di leva document.
Will update when Torino responds to my email.
Search found 19 matches
- 11 Aug 2026, 17:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4661
- 31 Jul 2026, 16:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4661
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Angela, MMogno,
Thank you so much for this helpful information! I have sent my email out. I will update this thread with any information--much appreciated!
Thank you so much for this helpful information! I have sent my email out. I will update this thread with any information--much appreciated!
- 30 Jul 2026, 16:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for 9th Great Grandparents
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6548
Re: Looking for 9th Great Grandparents
What town or city in Italy was he born? Using the birth certificate you can find the names of the John Governale's parents, and so on.
Here is the website to use to find the birth certificates: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/
Here is the website to use to find the birth certificates: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/
- 30 Jul 2026, 16:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4661
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Hi Angela,
Thank you so much for the response! He was from Caltanissetta city in Caltanissetta province
Thank you so much for the response! He was from Caltanissetta city in Caltanissetta province
- 30 Jul 2026, 04:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4661
Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Hello all,
I just set up a PEC email to reach out to what I believed was an email and process that would work. I
I sent an email to "archivio.centraledellostato@cultura.gov.it" asking for military records for my Great Great Grandfather Luciano Lombardo who was a sapper in the 1866 campaign. The ...
I just set up a PEC email to reach out to what I believed was an email and process that would work. I
I sent an email to "archivio.centraledellostato@cultura.gov.it" asking for military records for my Great Great Grandfather Luciano Lombardo who was a sapper in the 1866 campaign. The ...
- 18 Sep 2025, 03:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
- Replies: 7
- Views: 29115
Re: Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
Tessa and Diego..thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this case. It means alot to me and my family to get to the bottom of this one, our grandmother was beloved and always near in our hearts.
Tessa--these look like very promising leads. I never heard of a 1954 crossing from ...
Tessa--these look like very promising leads. I never heard of a 1954 crossing from ...
- 16 Sep 2025, 23:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
- Replies: 7
- Views: 29115
Re: Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
Hi Tessa and Diego,
Thank you for your attention & effort!
Tessa--Here are the documents you were looking for. Regarding the 1955 voyage--I did see that record. That Francesca seems unlikely because I have the names surrounding that Francesca are not familiar to me and it doesn't include her ...
Thank you for your attention & effort!
Tessa--Here are the documents you were looking for. Regarding the 1955 voyage--I did see that record. That Francesca seems unlikely because I have the names surrounding that Francesca are not familiar to me and it doesn't include her ...
- 13 Sep 2025, 16:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
- Replies: 7
- Views: 29115
Looking for my grandmother's immigration ship manifest
Hello all,
I am having a real hard time finding evidence of my grandmother's (Lucia "Lucy" Lobasso) immigration to America. I know from multiple sources she was born in 1938 in Giovinazzo, Italy. I believe she came to America with her sister Rosa or Rosaria and her Mother Francesca Lobasso (born D ...
I am having a real hard time finding evidence of my grandmother's (Lucia "Lucy" Lobasso) immigration to America. I know from multiple sources she was born in 1938 in Giovinazzo, Italy. I believe she came to America with her sister Rosa or Rosaria and her Mother Francesca Lobasso (born D ...
- 05 Jan 2025, 05:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help finding a database
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1152
Re: Help finding a database
Wow, thank you so much Angela and Tessa! Thank you thank you for helping me find more relatives. I so appreciate the work that went above and beyond my initial question 
- 04 Jan 2025, 22:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help finding a database
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1152
Help finding a database
Hi All,
I am looking for the civil birth records of my ancestor, Egidio Lepre born in 1882 in the Province of Salerno, the commune of Prignano Cilento in the frazione of Melito. When I go on the antenati website, I can not find the year 1882--it shows births only from 1800-1850.
I know I found it ...
I am looking for the civil birth records of my ancestor, Egidio Lepre born in 1882 in the Province of Salerno, the commune of Prignano Cilento in the frazione of Melito. When I go on the antenati website, I can not find the year 1882--it shows births only from 1800-1850.
I know I found it ...
- 26 Aug 2024, 18:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Request: Italian Civil Death Record Annotation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 605
Re: Translation Request: Italian Civil Death Record Annotation
Wow, thank you so much! I can make out the words now, but that was really tough for me to piece out since I don't speak Italian.
I wonder what made them make this correction 4 years after his death?
I wonder what made them make this correction 4 years after his death?
- 26 Aug 2024, 17:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Request: Italian Civil Death Record Annotation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 605
Translation Request: Italian Civil Death Record Annotation
Hello all,
I am trying to solve a mystery about true father of my great grandfather, Michele Lombardo. Attached is an annotation made on his death certificate, but I can't make out the script. We always believed his father was Luciano Lombardo, but I recently learned that Michele's mom Filomena ...
I am trying to solve a mystery about true father of my great grandfather, Michele Lombardo. Attached is an annotation made on his death certificate, but I can't make out the script. We always believed his father was Luciano Lombardo, but I recently learned that Michele's mom Filomena ...
- 07 Aug 2023, 20:21
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help...Santucilio?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3267
Re: Need help...Santucilio?
This is amazing work, Pippo!!! Thank you so much.
That is absolutely my Raffaele. I have another document (his death record) that corroborates the names of his parents.
It looks highly likely based on the dialect of "San Cilio" and the fact that her husband was born in Sant'Egidio that Rosina ...
That is absolutely my Raffaele. I have another document (his death record) that corroborates the names of his parents.
It looks highly likely based on the dialect of "San Cilio" and the fact that her husband was born in Sant'Egidio that Rosina ...
- 07 Aug 2023, 05:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help...Santucilio?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3267
Need help...Santucilio?
Hello everyone,
I am having difficulty finding the location of my Great-Great Grandmother's place of birth. I have always been told that her and her husband were "from Naples". A Brooklyn marriage record was found and it states that her place of birth was "Santucilio, Italy". I can't seem to find ...
I am having difficulty finding the location of my Great-Great Grandmother's place of birth. I have always been told that her and her husband were "from Naples". A Brooklyn marriage record was found and it states that her place of birth was "Santucilio, Italy". I can't seem to find ...
- 08 May 2023, 01:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help identifying mysterious items
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1592
Re: Need help identifying mysterious items
Thank you both, Tessa & mmogno!
To answer the question: Benny Lombardo lived in Bath Beach, Brooklyn. Not too far from Borough Park. He belonged to a social club called the "Porto Empedocle" club.
Regarding Michele and being a sulfur miner: He died at a very young age, and there is a rumor that ...
To answer the question: Benny Lombardo lived in Bath Beach, Brooklyn. Not too far from Borough Park. He belonged to a social club called the "Porto Empedocle" club.
Regarding Michele and being a sulfur miner: He died at a very young age, and there is a rumor that ...