Thank you, Tessa. I have that one -- it is an important one as it confirms the most important relationships.
Angela -- what do you mean by "check the publications"? Did you mean to contact the town directly or something else?
Thank you,
Don
Search found 52 matches
- 01 Jul 2025, 03:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a death record translation
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10658
- 30 Jun 2025, 18:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a death record translation
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10658
Re: Help with a death record translation
Thank you, Angela.
I guess my page in the "Visco Book" on Nicolina Visco will be short with several "Unk"...
Don
I guess my page in the "Visco Book" on Nicolina Visco will be short with several "Unk"...
Don
- 30 Jun 2025, 06:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with a death record translation
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10658
Help with a death record translation
Hello, Italian Genealogy Community.
I have been working on ancestry for many years, but I've come across a bit of a unicorn and, perhaps, some information in this death record would help.
You see, I have the death record for Nicolina Visco. Below is the direct link.
https://antenati.cultura.gov ...
I have been working on ancestry for many years, but I've come across a bit of a unicorn and, perhaps, some information in this death record would help.
You see, I have the death record for Nicolina Visco. Below is the direct link.
https://antenati.cultura.gov ...
- 29 Jun 2025, 19:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding the parents of a person
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17958
Re: Help finding the parents of a person
Thanks, Angela.
You are right -- he is the son of Domenico. Not sure why I put Antonio...probably because I wrote it late at night.
Yes...I will make the modifications you suggest.
During COVID, I went through the Antenati site (and the Family Search site) to find all the births/deaths/marriages ...
You are right -- he is the son of Domenico. Not sure why I put Antonio...probably because I wrote it late at night.
Yes...I will make the modifications you suggest.
During COVID, I went through the Antenati site (and the Family Search site) to find all the births/deaths/marriages ...
- 29 Jun 2025, 05:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding the parents of a person
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17958
Re: Help finding the parents of a person
Awesome! Thanks again!
Here is my attempt at a letter. I hope someone can see if I am missing something (or have taken the wrong pathway). I can email the address you provided.
Egregio signore o signora:
Mi chiamo Donald Visco e sto richiedendo informazioni dai vostri archivi sul mio antenato ...
Here is my attempt at a letter. I hope someone can see if I am missing something (or have taken the wrong pathway). I can email the address you provided.
Egregio signore o signora:
Mi chiamo Donald Visco e sto richiedendo informazioni dai vostri archivi sul mio antenato ...
- 28 Jun 2025, 03:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding the parents of a person
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17958
Re: Help finding the parents of a person
Dear Angela:
It's been almost five years since I posted this...but I went off and worked on another side of the family for a few years...and then my non-Italian side...before coming back to this one.
It is not a great strategy, since I have forgotten a lot!
At any rate, I spent a big chunk of ...
It's been almost five years since I posted this...but I went off and worked on another side of the family for a few years...and then my non-Italian side...before coming back to this one.
It is not a great strategy, since I have forgotten a lot!
At any rate, I spent a big chunk of ...
- 04 Aug 2020, 06:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 785
Re: Birth Record Translation
Great, Tessa.
Thank you,
Don
Thank you,
Don
- 03 Aug 2020, 22:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 785
Birth Record Translation
Hello.
I think I have found a cousin and he is interested / amazed that I was able to find an Italian birth certificate. However, it is one of those that is hand written and challenges my reading ability. I don't want to miss information to give him so I was hoping someone would be able to provide ...
I think I have found a cousin and he is interested / amazed that I was able to find an Italian birth certificate. However, it is one of those that is hand written and challenges my reading ability. I don't want to miss information to give him so I was hoping someone would be able to provide ...
- 10 Jul 2020, 22:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth cert translation
- Replies: 18
- Views: 3512
Re: Birth cert translation
It's fairly easy to learn how to translate the basics in these records. I think you'll find it rewarding if you give it a try.
This is an interesting point.
I will admit that when someone pointed out that these Italian records were available, it was overwhelming to think that I would be able ...
- 10 Jul 2020, 06:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with an unusual birth certificate
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2510
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thank you, Angela. I did not find anything else.
It could be either Caterina, though more likely the one not married yet. The one who wasn't married...I find no kids for in Petina. I tried looking for them in NY but there wasn't any useful leads.
Thanks for checking.
Don
It could be either Caterina, though more likely the one not married yet. The one who wasn't married...I find no kids for in Petina. I tried looking for them in NY but there wasn't any useful leads.
Thanks for checking.
Don
- 09 Jul 2020, 03:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with an unusual birth certificate
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2510
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and ...
- 08 Jul 2020, 06:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with an unusual birth certificate
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2510
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thanks, Angela.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
- 08 Jul 2020, 04:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with an unusual birth certificate
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2510
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thank you, Angela. I am going to assume that this Caterina Visco was the unmarried one...but who knows.
Don
Don
- 08 Jul 2020, 00:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with an unusual birth certificate
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2510
Help with an unusual birth certificate
Here is another birth certificate that is, seemingly, out of the norm. Maybe I am wrong, however.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99C5-19SR-C?i=1793&cat=719672
Image 1794
Number 43
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99C5-19SR-C?i=1793&cat=719672
Image 1794
Number 43
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is ...
- 07 Jul 2020, 06:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Another Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 691
Re: Another Birth Certificate Translation
Thank you, Angela.
Hmm. I have been looking for information on this Giuseppina Visco, son of Domenico. Likely born in 1852...so she would have been 18. I checked through many Petina records and didn't find her marriage. I haven't gotten to the death records yet, but I suspect I may find her there ...
Hmm. I have been looking for information on this Giuseppina Visco, son of Domenico. Likely born in 1852...so she would have been 18. I checked through many Petina records and didn't find her marriage. I haven't gotten to the death records yet, but I suspect I may find her there ...