Thank you!
I forgot to add - there is an age listed on the record (52), does that pertain to Francesco or his wife? I'm assuming Francesco, they usually don't note the spouse's age.
Search found 18 matches
- 16 Jun 2020, 22:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Year of death?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 820
- 16 Jun 2020, 22:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Year of death?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 820
Year of death?
Hello, I'm having trouble determining the death year on this marriage bans record. The document pertains to Francesco Gentile, and the date is either 1794 or 1754. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Salerno/Stato+civile+della ...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Salerno/Stato+civile+della ...
- 15 Jun 2020, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1297
Re: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
Huh, that's too bad. It definitely explains the additional parent. Sadly for me if this is the case, it looks like I'll be without a death record for Francesco.
- 15 Jun 2020, 17:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1297
Re: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
That's really unfortunate if they fudged the record just to fit. The town they lived is very small, Sant'Arsenio. I can image not wanting to keep up with records if there was disease, but I think the town was small enough they would be able to continue recording?
- 15 Jun 2020, 16:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1297
Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
Last night while researching my ancestor, I came across a little mystery that I need help to solve. From the looks of it, two different sets of parents are listed on the same documents, and I'm not sure what to make of the "newer" pair.
My ancestor in question is Francesco Reciniello , who was born ...
My ancestor in question is Francesco Reciniello , who was born ...
- 03 Jun 2020, 23:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Numbers on Birth Index
- Replies: 2
- Views: 686
Numbers on Birth Index
I'm looking into my ancestors births, but there are two numbers next to familiar names I can't figure out! One looks like there is a "S." next to the number and I don't know what that means.
The numbers are next to the names Tamburrini on this page:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v ...
The numbers are next to the names Tamburrini on this page:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v ...
- 03 Jun 2020, 22:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1197
Re: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
Oh yes, I have her name. I'd like to locate her death record to have on file and also learn her parent's names. But when I go to 1817 I can't find her name in the index.
- 03 Jun 2020, 18:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1197
Re: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
Their other daughter has the same dates noted on her marriage record, and confirms Addolorata died in 1817. However I don't see her name :/
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Chieti/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Lanciano/Matrimoni/1834/18429+suppl+2/007965143_00741 ...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Chieti/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Lanciano/Matrimoni/1834/18429+suppl+2/007965143_00741 ...
- 03 Jun 2020, 18:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1197
Re: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
I found an Addolorata, but the surname is incorrect and it doesn't list any family.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
- 03 Jun 2020, 16:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1197
Re: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
Thank you! I was able to find Giuseppe's death record, having trouble locating Addolorata. Fingers crossed I can find it, the last number is tough to read.
- 02 Jun 2020, 23:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deaths listed on Marriage Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1197
Deaths listed on Marriage Record
Hello,
Can anyone help with translating deaths listed within a marriage record? It looks like there are three listed, and I found the first as being the groom's father. However I'm unsure who the other two are referring to.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core ...
Can anyone help with translating deaths listed within a marriage record? It looks like there are three listed, and I found the first as being the groom's father. However I'm unsure who the other two are referring to.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core ...
- 01 May 2020, 16:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding Death Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1262
Re: Help finding Death Record
Thank you everyone for your help. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to the other children and only have marriage records for Gesualda and Antonio.
On another forum someone suggested Francesco may have died in another town and his death is recorded there. Has anyone seen this before?
I only ...
On another forum someone suggested Francesco may have died in another town and his death is recorded there. Has anyone seen this before?
I only ...
- 29 Apr 2020, 21:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding Death Record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1262
Help finding Death Record
Hello, I'm hoping to have some help in finding the death record for my ancestor, Francesco DiStefano. I've determined a timeframe he may have passed away, but haven't been able to find the record.
Francesco DiStefano was born in 1823 in Caltavuturo, Italy to Antonio DiStefano and Giovanna Chiappone ...
Francesco DiStefano was born in 1823 in Caltavuturo, Italy to Antonio DiStefano and Giovanna Chiappone ...
- 27 Apr 2020, 22:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1252
Re: Help translating surname
Wait! I think the "Leta" is a mistake.
On the death record, it shows her parents as Nicolo and Paola Giuffre.
Searching more Caltavuturo records, I found a death record for a Luciano Genovese - parents are Nicolo and Paolo Giuffre.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di ...
On the death record, it shows her parents as Nicolo and Paola Giuffre.
Searching more Caltavuturo records, I found a death record for a Luciano Genovese - parents are Nicolo and Paolo Giuffre.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di ...
- 27 Apr 2020, 21:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1252
Re: Help translating surname
Yikes, my comment sound so snarky! I promise I didn't mean it that way, that's what I get for trying to type, read and think at the same time!
Its possible Angelo was the brother of Pietro, Guiseppa's husband. I've seen Angelo in my research, but haven't connected him to Pietro yet.
Its possible Angelo was the brother of Pietro, Guiseppa's husband. I've seen Angelo in my research, but haven't connected him to Pietro yet.