Thank you so much. I have his Italian birth record which says Giuseppe.
I’m going to try to get the ship manifest he immigrated on to see which name he used, but unfortunately it’s not online, but microfilm in a closed library :/
Search found 4 matches
- 28 Dec 2020, 05:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: JS via Washington DC, GGF Name/Date Discrepancy Advice
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1010
- 27 Dec 2020, 05:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 818
Re: Birth Record Translation
I just wanted to reply and say thank you so much. Turned out this is NOT my GGF, but rather his first cousin, as Filippo Piraro is my GGGF’s brother (Salvatore? who lived next door at #6!
It’s taken me a while to build out the family tree, but this was a big help.
Thanks again!
It’s taken me a while to build out the family tree, but this was a big help.
Thanks again!
- 27 Dec 2020, 05:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: JS via Washington DC, GGF Name/Date Discrepancy Advice
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1010
JS via Washington DC, GGF Name/Date Discrepancy Advice
My GGF was born March 24, 1877 in Cefalu and his birth record states his name is Giuseppe Piraro, named after his maternal grandmother, but he always went by Nicolo (his paternal grandfather’s name).
When he came to America, he uses Nick/Nicolas on his documents and gradually changes from Nick ...
When he came to America, he uses Nick/Nicolas on his documents and gradually changes from Nick ...
- 09 May 2020, 05:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 818
Birth Record Translation
I’m looking for assistance translating record #54 on the right hand side.
Thank you for all of you help! I’m terrible at reading this beautiful handwriting.
Thank you for all of you help! I’m terrible at reading this beautiful handwriting.