Thanks Mark.
Evy
Search found 28 matches
- 20 Nov 2024, 00:56
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Landowners
- Replies: 2
- Views: 46897
- 05 Nov 2024, 21:48
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Landowners
- Replies: 2
- Views: 46897
Landowners
The story that I have often heard from family members is one where my paternal grandfather's parents and all the children worked as farmers for someone else. It sounds very much like a feudal system. Is there a way to find out who landowners were in the 1800s in Friuli? Is this story likely?
Thank ...
Thank ...
- 17 Sep 2024, 16:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: birth record deciphering
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1076
Re: birth record deciphering
Thank you!
Evy
Evy
- 16 Sep 2024, 22:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: birth record deciphering
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1076
birth record deciphering
Hello. I have found two birth certificates for Del Giudice. I had thought they may be brothers, but the names of the grandfathers do not match. However I need to understand the father's and grandfather's names to figure out which may be family. What is quandom? I have it outlined in one record. In ...
- 16 Jul 2024, 15:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: understanding the meaning of sopranomenati
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1061
Re: understanding the meaning of sopranomenati
Thank you erudita74 and Cousinvinny! I appreciate the help and the link to the documents.
Evy
Evy
- 15 Jul 2024, 19:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: understanding the meaning of sopranomenati
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1061
understanding the meaning of sopranomenati
Hello. I've found the marriage document of my many greats grandfather. In both his and his bride's family there is the word sopranomenati and then 3 letters/ symbols. What does this mean?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 73/LoQeYnj
Thank you for your help.
Evy Gambin
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 73/LoQeYnj
Thank you for your help.
Evy Gambin
- 29 Jan 2024, 16:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Understanding a birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 843
Re: Understanding a birth record
Thank you Angela!
- 28 Jan 2024, 22:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Understanding a birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 843
Understanding a birth record
Hello. I have been reading through records and in my search I have found many birth records like the one I'm attaching. They are not my relatives, but I am curious as to what these records mean. Were they children who were given up for adoption or orphaned? So many of them in the early 1800s.
Grazie ...
Grazie ...
- 07 Apr 2023, 03:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contacting Portale Antenati
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1752
Re: Contacting Portale Antenati
I don't know if someone contacted Portale Antenati to let them know I had sent a general email, but if you did, thank you. They responded and kindly sent the missing pages to me.
Happy Easter!
Gratefully
Evy
Happy Easter!
Gratefully
Evy
- 19 Mar 2023, 21:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contacting Portale Antenati
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1752
Re: Contacting Portale Antenati
Thank you, but I have gone through that page and the link for the contact form does not lead to a form, just back to the FAQ.
- 16 Mar 2023, 21:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contacting Portale Antenati
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1752
Contacting Portale Antenati
Hello. I have been going through the Portale Antenati site and I found a document that is missing a page. After much searching I tried sending an email and the reply I have received says that the email address has been changed as of Jan 15, 2023. It seems I need to have a person's name to add to the ...
- 18 Oct 2022, 17:23
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Meaning of a name in a record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 6395
Re: Meaning of a name in a record
Yes, it could be a spelling issue. No answer, so far, from the person who posted this record. I have a new question though. If the towns only have itinerant priests, to whom do you send a request for a record?
- 18 Oct 2022, 17:20
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Meaning of a name in a record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 6395
Re: Meaning of a name in a record
Interesting, but no, not muslim.
- 01 Oct 2022, 22:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Meaning of a name in a record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 6395
Re: Meaning of a name in a record
I will try that. Thanks for the idea.
Evy
Evy
- 30 Sep 2022, 23:19
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Meaning of a name in a record
- Replies: 13
- Views: 6395
Re: Meaning of a name in a record
Hello Angela. I have not been able to find any original documents. I have only been able to see the Family Search document that I originally posted. I have been searching!
Thank you
Evy
Thank you
Evy