Search found 41 matches
- 02 May 2026, 04:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Epifanio Lo Re
- Replies: 2
- Views: 972
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Epifanio Lo Re
thank you so much
- 01 May 2026, 07:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Epifanio Lo Re
- Replies: 2
- Views: 972
Translation of Birth Record - Epifanio Lo Re
Hello, Hope everyone has been doing well. Can someone help with the translation of this birth record from Melilli,Sicily? I have attempted to translate the document myself there are parts I'm not sure are correct. It is numero 8 on the page
Name: Epifanio Lo Re
Number 8
https://www.familysearch ...
Name: Epifanio Lo Re
Number 8
https://www.familysearch ...
- 24 Feb 2025, 03:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation - Testagrossa/Marino
- Replies: 3
- Views: 792
Re: Translation - Testagrossa/Marino
thank you very much for clarifying for me and locating additional records. I appreciate it!
- 23 Feb 2025, 04:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation - Testagrossa/Marino
- Replies: 3
- Views: 792
Translation - Testagrossa/Marino
Hello, Hope everyone has been doing well. I am having several issues translating the records below.
Vincenzo Testagrossa reported a son, Francesco, born 6 August 1897 in Marsala. If I am translating correctly the mother was not named because the child was illegitimate.
Record: 1187
https ...
Vincenzo Testagrossa reported a son, Francesco, born 6 August 1897 in Marsala. If I am translating correctly the mother was not named because the child was illegitimate.
Record: 1187
https ...
- 30 Mar 2024, 04:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance with Marriage Translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 944
Re: Assistance with Marriage Translation
Great website! Thank you and have a wonderful day
- 29 Mar 2024, 03:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance with Marriage Translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 944
Re: Assistance with Marriage Translation
Thank you so much for looking into this. I am not used to seeing the letter 's' with a tail if you will. I'm going to have to review the marriage document again to look for that. I also see on the marriage pubblication that an 'Assesore da Sindaco" was the official. Another item to add to my notes ...
- 28 Mar 2024, 04:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance with Marriage Translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 944
Assistance with Marriage Translation
I am attempting to translate the marriage record below for Rosa Gandolfo and Pietro Caito. Some of the script is difficult to read and I believe I have enough information to understand the document. I am questioning the name of the official. I'm reading the name as "Copio Meo Giuffre'. I'm ...
- 27 Mar 2024, 04:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1162
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
Thank you. That helps it make sense
- 26 Mar 2024, 03:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Marriage Record Pietro Caito/Rosa Gandolfo
- Replies: 2
- Views: 508
Re: Translation of Marriage Record Pietro Caito/Rosa Gandolfo
No problem at all. Take your time. This took me over a week to translate. I found it was easiest to work on it one section at a time. After a while the words seemed to blend together and I had to take a break
I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. This is the earliest relative I ...
I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. This is the earliest relative I ...
- 26 Mar 2024, 03:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1162
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
yes, thank you! I have to remember to drop the o'clock. I will update my notes
For the occupation "villico" I find different translations based on each website I visit. One translates it as farmer and another lists it as peasant villager. Is tenant farmer the proper way to say it? I think it is ...
For the occupation "villico" I find different translations based on each website I visit. One translates it as farmer and another lists it as peasant villager. Is tenant farmer the proper way to say it? I think it is ...
- 25 Mar 2024, 05:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1162
Translation of Birth Record - Rosa Gandolfo
I attempted to translate the birth record below but am not sure I got the date and time of birth correct. I believe the date and time are April 6th at five o' clock a.m. Can someone take a look and confirm for me? Thank you!
Name: Rosa Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 137, number 637
https ...
Name: Rosa Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 137, number 637
https ...
- 25 Mar 2024, 02:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Marriage Record Pietro Caito/Rosa Gandolfo
- Replies: 2
- Views: 508
Translation of Marriage Record Pietro Caito/Rosa Gandolfo
Hoping someone can review this marriage publication. This was quite difficult for more because there was additional language I am not used to seeing.
Name: Pietro Caito & Rosa Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 497 (duplicate copy on page 498), number 339
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark ...
Name: Pietro Caito & Rosa Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 497 (duplicate copy on page 498), number 339
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark ...
- 25 Mar 2024, 02:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
- Replies: 4
- Views: 831
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
That's okay. I'm happy to have clarified for you and will have to be sure I translate properly going forward
- 08 Mar 2024, 03:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
- Replies: 4
- Views: 831
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
Yes, you are correct. I had the literal translation. I would say "ten twenty' as well. Thank you for taking the time to review. I appreciate it!
- 07 Mar 2024, 05:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
- Replies: 4
- Views: 831
Translation of Birth Record - Paola Gandolfo
Can someone review my translation of this birth certificate. I struggled a bit with the time of day and don't feel confident it is correct
Name: Paola Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 122, number 357
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua16203477/Lq2lA3R
In the year one thousand ...
Name: Paola Gandolfo
Record can be found on page 122, number 357
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua16203477/Lq2lA3R
In the year one thousand ...