Search found 15 matches
- 05 Feb 2025, 01:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Supplements Translations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 600
Re: Marriage Supplements Translations
Thank you so so much! Was it normal for the commune & Trovatelli to give permission for a minor to marry?
- 04 Feb 2025, 02:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Supplements Translations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 600
Marriage Supplements Translations
Hello!
I found the marriage records for my great-great grandmother and hoping to get some help translating the different documents that are attached with it (pages 684-693). From what I think I understand, it is the marriage of Salvatore LoBiondo and Cristina Creta in 1890 in Palermo. Salvatore is ...
I found the marriage records for my great-great grandmother and hoping to get some help translating the different documents that are attached with it (pages 684-693). From what I think I understand, it is the marriage of Salvatore LoBiondo and Cristina Creta in 1890 in Palermo. Salvatore is ...
- 02 Feb 2025, 17:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 441
Re: Death Record Translation
Thank you!
- 02 Feb 2025, 16:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 441
Death Record Translation
Hello!
Would someone be able to help translate record #38 on the bottom of this page? I am struggling with the handwriting to translate it.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... gJ?lang=en
Thank you!
Megan
Would someone be able to help translate record #38 on the bottom of this page? I am struggling with the handwriting to translate it.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... gJ?lang=en
Thank you!
Megan
- 12 Aug 2024, 01:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 634
Re: Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
I found what I believe to be Filadelfo's mother's birth certificate (right page) and have tried to translate what I can.
Am I correct that a mother's name is not listed? Only a father - Alfio Cantarella, 34 years old living in Lentini. Based on everything that I've read/seen, it seems really odd ...
Am I correct that a mother's name is not listed? Only a father - Alfio Cantarella, 34 years old living in Lentini. Based on everything that I've read/seen, it seems really odd ...
- 11 Aug 2024, 15:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 634
Re: Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
Thank you, T!
- 11 Aug 2024, 02:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Foundling Names
- Replies: 2
- Views: 635
Foundling Names
Was it common for the same names to be used for foundlings in the same area?
I am trying to understand if my great-great grandmother may have been a foundling which is why I am having such a hard time finding records of her in Italy. Her name was Cristina Creta, supposedly from Palermo, born ...
I am trying to understand if my great-great grandmother may have been a foundling which is why I am having such a hard time finding records of her in Italy. Her name was Cristina Creta, supposedly from Palermo, born ...
- 11 Aug 2024, 01:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 634
Birth Certificate/Baptism(?) Translation
Hello!
Can someone help with the translation of this birth record on the right page? I believe one side is the birth record and the other side is a record of the baptism but I am not sure.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 82/wQ3eBpz
Thank you!
Can someone help with the translation of this birth record on the right page? I believe one side is the birth record and the other side is a record of the baptism but I am not sure.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 82/wQ3eBpz
Thank you!
- 10 Aug 2024, 22:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 492
Re: Birth Record Translation
Thank you!
- 10 Aug 2024, 22:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 492
Birth Record Translation
Hello! Can someone help translate/read the birth record for Lo Biondo in the bottom right corner? Thank you!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
- 03 Aug 2024, 20:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Creta Information
- Replies: 6
- Views: 938
Re: Cristina Creta Information
From family stories, we’ve been told that Cristina and her husband, Salvatore Narzisi, both traveled together as Caroline and Rosario Morino. Of course, it is a story passed down generations so it may not be accurate. We are unsure if the information about Trapani or her mother is true or part of ...
- 02 Aug 2024, 01:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Creta Information
- Replies: 6
- Views: 938
Re: Cristina Creta Information
I have her naturalization document. It indicates that she was from Palermo and came to the US in 1909 under the name Caroline Morino.
- 17 Jul 2024, 13:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 345
Re: Birth Certificate Translation
Thank you so much!
- 07 Jul 2024, 19:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Creta Information
- Replies: 6
- Views: 938
Cristina Creta Information
Hi Everyone!
I am trying to find information about my great great grandmother, Cristina Creta. Based on documentation from her immigration to the US, I have found that she is from Palermo, Sicily and was born on July 24, 1882. I have been unsuccessful in finding any records of her in Italy. Any ...
I am trying to find information about my great great grandmother, Cristina Creta. Based on documentation from her immigration to the US, I have found that she is from Palermo, Sicily and was born on July 24, 1882. I have been unsuccessful in finding any records of her in Italy. Any ...
- 07 Jul 2024, 19:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 345
Birth Certificate Translation
Hello!
Would anyone be able to assist with translating the birth certificate for Salvatore Narzisi (top left)?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 881?i=1059
Thank you!
Would anyone be able to assist with translating the birth certificate for Salvatore Narzisi (top left)?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 881?i=1059
Thank you!