Hi
Yes! A genius! And it's interesting that on all those pages the mothers ask not to be named! It must be that it was a place where only mothers who decided not to give their names and took their babies to the orphanage went.
Search found 9 matches
- 24 Feb 2026, 22:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
- 23 Feb 2026, 15:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
I know! thank you for the reminder! I sent the correction right after first email right away I sent it but here I just copy and paste the first email and forgot to mentioned the correction.
Si prega di notare una correzione nel cognome della levatrice: il nome corretto è Angela GHISALBERTI in ...
Si prega di notare una correzione nel cognome della levatrice: il nome corretto è Angela GHISALBERTI in ...
- 23 Feb 2026, 14:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
Thank you, mmogno!
I have already sent a message to the Archivio di Stato di Genova asking about records related to Angela. I wrote to them:
Sto conducendo una ricerca sulla storia di un mio antenato, Gerolamo TOLENTI, nato il 20 luglio 1877 a Genova, in Vico di Ponticello n. 6, e dichiarato come ...
I have already sent a message to the Archivio di Stato di Genova asking about records related to Angela. I wrote to them:
Sto conducendo una ricerca sulla storia di un mio antenato, Gerolamo TOLENTI, nato il 20 luglio 1877 a Genova, in Vico di Ponticello n. 6, e dichiarato come ...
- 22 Feb 2026, 23:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
Hello, thank you all very much for your replies — I truly appreciate your help, it means a lot to me.
And thank you, mmogno, for pointing out where you found her surname. Yes, I think it could be the same person on FamilySearch. She seems to have died very young: the birth record shows her as 33 ...
And thank you, mmogno, for pointing out where you found her surname. Yes, I think it could be the same person on FamilySearch. She seems to have died very young: the birth record shows her as 33 ...
- 21 Feb 2026, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
Hi,
thank you very much for the information mmogno, and Farassino for quoting the document.
So her surname would be Ghisalberti — where were you able to find this information?
I will also correct the name to Daccà, because I had understood it as “Dacia.”
Do you think that with her married ...
thank you very much for the information mmogno, and Farassino for quoting the document.
So her surname would be Ghisalberti — where were you able to find this information?
I will also correct the name to Daccà, because I had understood it as “Dacia.”
Do you think that with her married ...
- 21 Feb 2026, 07:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9140
Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?
Hello everyone,
I’m researching my great-grandfather, Gerolamo Tolenti, who was born in Genoa on July 20th, 1877, from unknown parents and later admitted to the Ospizio per l’infanzia abbandonata.
In the civil birth record, the birth was declared by the midwife Angela Dacia. She appears to have ...
I’m researching my great-grandfather, Gerolamo Tolenti, who was born in Genoa on July 20th, 1877, from unknown parents and later admitted to the Ospizio per l’infanzia abbandonata.
In the civil birth record, the birth was declared by the midwife Angela Dacia. She appears to have ...
- 21 Feb 2026, 06:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Tolenti in Italy.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2659
Re: Looking for Tolenti in Italy.
Hello Angela,
Thank you so much for taking the time and dedication to help me. I’m really sorry for the delay in replying — I wanted to come back once I had the chance to go through everything more carefully.
Your help truly meant a lot to me. It clarified many things and really helped illuminate ...
Thank you so much for taking the time and dedication to help me. I’m really sorry for the delay in replying — I wanted to come back once I had the chance to go through everything more carefully.
Your help truly meant a lot to me. It clarified many things and really helped illuminate ...
- 06 Nov 2024, 14:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1135
Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?
Hi everyone! i am sorry I am writing here when it has nothing to do with this post. But how do I contact the admin of this webpager a moderator? thank you so much Thank you.
- 04 Nov 2024, 08:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Tolenti in Italy.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2659
Looking for Tolenti in Italy.
Hello!
I'm looking for any information about my great-grandfather.
His Name is Gerolamo Tolenti and his birth cerficate provided by the the Comune di Genova states that he was born in in Genova (GE) Vico Nuevo N.6 di Ponticello back in July 20th 1877. Unknown Parents.
But I had a another birth ...
I'm looking for any information about my great-grandfather.
His Name is Gerolamo Tolenti and his birth cerficate provided by the the Comune di Genova states that he was born in in Genova (GE) Vico Nuevo N.6 di Ponticello back in July 20th 1877. Unknown Parents.
But I had a another birth ...