Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Luciano Tolenti
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 07:19

Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?

Post by Luciano Tolenti »

I know! thank you for the reminder! I sent the correction right after first email right away I sent it but here I just copy and paste the first email and forgot to mentioned the correction.

Si prega di notare una correzione nel cognome della levatrice: il nome corretto è Angela GHISALBERTI in DACCÀ (non Dacia). Il parto è avvenuto il 20/07/1877 in Vico di Ponticello 6.

And mmogno how do you do the research on those two webpages? what is the map to find her there_
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 22 Feb 2026, 22:28 @AngelaGrace56
Ciao Angela.

Thank you for pointing that out. I agree that the house number on Gerolamo Tolenti's birth certificate is 6. However, in three other certificates under the letter T from 1877 that I found, also reporting the births of foundlings by Angela, the number 7 is indicated.


#6
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es

#321
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es

#1468
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 68&lang=es
@mmogno

Hello

Thank you for posting those links, G. You're welcome for the second set of eyes.

Angela
Luciano Tolenti
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 07:19

Re: Where can I find information about midwives (levatrice) in Genoa (late 1800s)?

Post by Luciano Tolenti »

Hi

Yes! A genius! And it's interesting that on all those pages the mothers ask not to be named! It must be that it was a place where only mothers who decided not to give their names and took their babies to the orphanage went.
Post Reply