Search found 8 matches

by helengrace
12 May 2026, 03:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Struggling to Understand Fast Spoken Italian
Replies: 2
Views: 2203

Struggling to Understand Fast Spoken Italian

Hi everyone,

I've been learning Italian for a few months now, mostly through apps, music, and short YouTube videos. Reading simple texts is becoming easier, and I can usually understand basic grammar, but I still have a really hard time when native speakers talk naturally Football Bros IO and ...
by helengrace
11 May 2026, 04:12
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Vecchie tradizioni italiane che stanno scomparendo
Replies: 0
Views: 15581

Vecchie tradizioni italiane che stanno scomparendo

Ciao a tutti,

ultimamente stavo parlando con la mia famiglia di alcune tradizioni italiane che oggi si vedono sempre meno, soprattutto nei piccoli paesi.

Per esempio, mia nonna raccontava che una volta i vicini si riunivano spesso la sera davanti alle case per parlare, cucinare insieme o sprunki ...
by helengrace
11 May 2026, 04:02
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Aiuto per identificare un vecchio nome di paese italiano
Replies: 2
Views: 6526

Aiuto per identificare un vecchio nome di paese italiano

Ciao a tutti,

sto facendo una ricerca genealogica sulla mia famiglia e in un vecchio documento dell’Ottocento ho trovato un nome di località molto difficile da leggere. Sembra qualcosa come “Casalis Molina” oppure “Casale Molina”, ma non riesco a trovare corrispondenze precise nei registri moderni ...
by helengrace
06 Apr 2026, 11:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Arena & Mazza from Calabria
Replies: 2
Views: 4457

Re: Looking for Arena & Mazza from Calabria

Hi Jade, wishing you all the best on your journey to discover your family history. It’s always special to reconnect with your heritage. Hope you find what you’re looking for!
by helengrace
10 Sep 2025, 09:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cecere in Apice
Replies: 4
Views: 11875

Re: Cecere in Apice


Hello, I am searching for my Great-GreatGrandfather Vincenzo Cecere, born between 1870 and 1975 in Apice, Italy, who lived in New York and died in the mid-1950s on Long Island. Another person I am looking for is his wife, born Maria Marra to Ciriaco(?) and his wife Angela Maria D'Oro(Dora?), also ...
by helengrace
10 Sep 2025, 08:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: COSTA and MARUCA
Replies: 5
Views: 11163

Re: COSTA and MARUCA


Hello, I have started researching my family tree but don't know a lot past my grandparents, so I am unsure where to look!

Does anyone have information on the COSTA and MARUCA names.

My grandparents were Gennarino Costa and Francesca Maruca (born 1923).
Francesca's parents were Giuseppe Costa ...
by helengrace
23 Jul 2025, 03:56
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Please help identifying old Tuscan fable of three wolves
Replies: 4
Views: 164614

Re: Please help identifying old Tuscan fable of three wolves


I came across this pdf yesterday and quickly had a look through it. I didn't see the folk tale or fable for which you are searching, but perhaps it contains something which will be of interest to you or someone else.

https://www.berose.fr/IMG/pdf/tuscanfolkloresk00ande.pdf Retro Bowl

also there ...
by helengrace
15 Jul 2025, 11:38
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Jelsi/Ielsi in Molise
Replies: 6
Views: 140434

Re: Jelsi/Ielsi in Molise

erudita74 wrote: 26 Apr 2025, 17:40 Contact the Pro Loco organization there.

http://www.unplimolise.it/proloco/jelsi/index.htm Speed Stars

I visited Jelsi a few years ago—such a charming little town! The Festa del Grano in July is absolutely worth timing your trip around if you can.