My grfather came from this town near Naples. It is supposed to be on the oppesite side of the volcano from Pompei. But I cannot find it on the maps. I know that my gfather also used to play in the gardens of the Grand Palace in Caserta as one of his fathers houses was near.
Dianne
Mignano (sp), Caserta
Re: Mignano (sp), Caserta
There are two possiblities one is Mignano Monte lungo 81049 or Omignano Postale 84060 both in the province of Salerno. The best way to find out is by name but you fdid not give me any name or any information. So here is what you have to do. Go to www.paginebiuanche.it and put in the first line his last name in the first line and then put in the town names (one at a time) and then click CERCA. If there are people in the town with his last name it will show up in a listing by nameaddress and telephone number. Do this for each town. However, this is not a guarantee that one tiown is the town of origin of your grandfather so you will have to research his entry into the USA at wwww.ellisisland.org if he enetred the uSA thry NYC as an immigrant and that will give you the town and his date of birth and other information. Please let me know how you do and get back here if you need additional information. Peter
Re: Mignano (sp), Caserta
hi,
When I cklick on the hyperlink it says the page is not available.
The names I am looking for are De/DiPalma, Mignocco, Pio, Parise(not sure of the sp on this one) DeLise, DePoalo.
I have done the Ellis Island as well as the Castle Garden. The name of my gfathers town is somewhat mangled on the Ellis Island site. The info I got was that he was on his way to join his brother in Montreal and that his father was still living in Italy. That is because he was given as the nearest relative from his city of departure.
When I cklick on the hyperlink it says the page is not available.
The names I am looking for are De/DiPalma, Mignocco, Pio, Parise(not sure of the sp on this one) DeLise, DePoalo.
I have done the Ellis Island as well as the Castle Garden. The name of my gfathers town is somewhat mangled on the Ellis Island site. The info I got was that he was on his way to join his brother in Montreal and that his father was still living in Italy. That is because he was given as the nearest relative from his city of departure.
Re: Mignano (sp), Caserta
wwww.,piaginebianche.it. Peter

