Trouble getting a response from commune

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
Tiffany
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 17:03

Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by Tiffany »

I hope someone can help.

I have obtained 17 of the 20 documents I need for my application. It has been a long and arduous process. However, I am having a lot of problems getting a response from the commune for the last italian document I need.

It is a death certificate from Castel San Lorenzo from ~1944. Does anybody have any history on working with this commune and any additional information for success. I have previously obtained two documents from them, by writing 6 times. I am approaching same on this request with no luck so far. All of my documentation to them has been in Italian so far.

Thank you.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by ricbru »

I suggest you next time you write to italian civil record office add, to your request, an envelope and IRC and copy of your ID, so for sure they will reply to you with no costs from their pocket
In your italian request always state the reason why you need that document
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by PeterTimber »

1944 was a year before World War II ended in 1945 and perhaps war time maybe a reason for their delay. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
corrado
Elite
Elite
Posts: 385
Joined: 12 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Queens NY

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by corrado »

If the gentelman did not die in the comune, they will have no record. Are you shure he died there, if he died someone else you will need to write to that place.
User avatar
Tiffany
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 17:03

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by Tiffany »

Thank you for your replies. Yes I am sure as we have a letter dating back that far from family that they couldn't afford to keep him buried so he would be unearthed and moved or whatever.

Also, I always include a SAE with my mailing. I have been successful with no ID before.

Any other help is appreciated.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Post by Italysearcher »

You might want to read my piece on cemeteries on my website under the category of 'Italian Research'. It will explain why they couldn''t afford to kkep him buried.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply