My maternal grandparents-Pietro Perugini, born 1890 and Vincenza Ciarlo-born 1877 both in Morcone, Benevento, Italy,immigrated to America in 1905 and 1908 respectively. I know the names of my great-grandparents; Pelegrino Perugini and Nicoletta Rubbo and Guiseppe Ciarlo and Filomena Ciampone. To obtain further information on these great grandparents I ordered film from the Morman search center for Morcone for the years 1850 to 1859. The records are in Italian; however, I am able to understand most of the words that are printed but not much of the forms that are handwritten. I was unable to find anything relating to my great-grandparents and grandparents.
Also there is a gap in the records after 1860. Have I done anything wrong? Should I look somewhere else first? Am I on the right track? Any help would be appreciated.
Ginnyo
Tracing grandparents
Re: Tracing grandparents
The civil records for Morcone on microfilm go from 1809 to 1860 so yes I would continue backward if I understood the handwriting. No if I was unable to understand the handwriting. If you wish to proceed further then you will need full names and at least approximate year of births to trace back the family members. if you have any other observation you wouild like to make please met me know. Peter
Re: Tracing grandparents
you can see the microfilm backward from year 1809? I have my grand grand father he was born (forse) in morcone in yar 1808 buonamico michelangelo then he married maria giuseppa ciampone 1809? morcone! they have one son pellegrino 1834? then i find he michelangelo married agostina mazzucco 1813? morcone and they have a son domenico 1848 ? can you help me can you see if michelangelo have two wife? and if he born in morcone?

