Greetings,
I'm looking for info on the following:
My great great grandmother Anna Giordano was married to Francesco Picone who bore my great grandfather, Pellegrino Picone. He married Rosa Razza and bore my grandfather Giueseppe Picone.
Also my great great grandmother, Arcangela Truncali married Francesco Razza and bore my great grandmother Rosa Razza above.
I've been to Caltabellotta but didn't have the time to do any searches on any sibling or connections. Would be happy to take suggestions, hear about possible connections, etc.
PS We can't wait to go back. It was the best vacation we ever had.
Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
- CALTALOVER
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 20:22
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
Can you tell us what info your looking for Ellis Island records or records from Italy?
From Roma to New York
- CALTALOVER
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 20:22
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
Hi Luke,Luke wrote:Can you tell us what info your looking for Ellis Island records or records from Italy?
I'm sorry I should have been clearer. I'm looking for birth dates and parents of Arcangela Truncali, Francesco Razza and Anna Giordano and anyone -siblings and/or cousins connected with those folks. So I would need records from Italy. Eventually, I'll order some films through the LDS, but in the mean time, I was hoping someone out there might recognize these names.
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
I am doing very much the same thing only with Nazzano (RM) what worked for me is an e-mail and a call below is a link for the town with e-mail link and office numbers hope this helps a bit.
http://www.caltabellotta.com/comune/comune.asp
http://www.caltabellotta.com/comune/comune.asp
From Roma to New York
- CALTALOVER
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 20:22
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
Thanks, Luke.Luke wrote:I am doing very much the same thing only with Nazzano (RM) what worked for me is an e-mail and a call below is a link for the town with e-mail link and office numbers hope this helps a bit.
http://www.caltabellotta.com/comune/comune.asp
I'll give it a try. Question, though ... do you speak Italian? I don't, so I'm thinking it may be a problem. I noticed that many people in the town don't speak English.
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
I do speak Italian, that may pose a bit of a challange however in many cases there is one person in the office who kinda sorta speaks english
and with what your requesting you should not have a problem. Just keep in mind the time change and the fact that more often than not the office personel leave around 1 pm local time.
and with what your requesting you should not have a problem. Just keep in mind the time change and the fact that more often than not the office personel leave around 1 pm local time.
From Roma to New York
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
If anyone is still on-line and looking for the Truncali family...
My family includes the Truncali surname from Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily. I have been there several times and have contacts with several different Truncali families when doing my research in Caltabellotta. If you can give me some info on approximate dates, etc., I could inquire about them.
Let me know if you have questions also... the people who are part of the team of keeping up the www.caltabelotta.com website is connected and part of the Truncali family.
My family includes the Truncali surname from Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily. I have been there several times and have contacts with several different Truncali families when doing my research in Caltabellotta. If you can give me some info on approximate dates, etc., I could inquire about them.
Let me know if you have questions also... the people who are part of the team of keeping up the www.caltabelotta.com website is connected and part of the Truncali family.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
Dear Caltolove Perhaps your persepctive might fall into line about Italian Genealogy and how your family genealogy is researched easily and with out immediate assistance.
Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html
This website will start you off well.
You do not need to know italian for researching your Italian family genealogysince there are form letters for just about everything in English which are translated to Italian for you. This website is as follows:
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html
=Peter=
Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html
This website will start you off well.
You do not need to know italian for researching your Italian family genealogysince there are form letters for just about everything in English which are translated to Italian for you. This website is as follows:
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html
=Peter=
~Peter~
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
The correct link is www.caltabellotta.com (double l)Salute wrote: Let me know if you have questions also... the people who are part of the team of keeping up the www.caltabelotta.com website is connected and part of the Truncali family.
Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta
You are so correct on the website, a typo on my part, it is Caltabellotta.com.... thank you for correcting.

Surnames:
Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily-Soldano, Truncali, Piazza, Tornambe, Grisafi, Trapani, Trafficante....
San Pietro Avellano, Molise, Italy - Colaianni, Rotoli, diSanza, diGiacomo, Morelli....
Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily-Soldano, Truncali, Piazza, Tornambe, Grisafi, Trapani, Trafficante....
San Pietro Avellano, Molise, Italy - Colaianni, Rotoli, diSanza, diGiacomo, Morelli....
