Looking for Piccioli family info
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Hey Anna Maria,
When you click on the link for the census, the street is written
on the left side, the address should be the first box.
1031 Myers - Value 15,000 in 1930!
Valarie
When you click on the link for the census, the street is written
on the left side, the address should be the first box.
1031 Myers - Value 15,000 in 1930!
Valarie
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Just for fun:
Tommaso Radicchi's Naturalization Documents
1927 Declaration
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER
Year: 1927
Date: 01 Jul 1927
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Declaration of Intention
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: [BLANK]
Witness 2 Full Name: [BLANK]
Year Immigrated: 1921
Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
1929 Petition
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER Year: 1929
Date: 22 Jun 1929
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Petition for Naturalization
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Albert M Galuardi
Witness 2 Full Name: Fortunato Piccioli
Year Immigrated: 1921 Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
1930 Oath
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER
Year: 1930
Date: 16 Apr 1930
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Oath of Allegiance
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: [BLANK]
Witness 2 Full Name: [BLANK]
Year Immigrated: 1921
Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
Tommaso Radicchi's Naturalization Documents
1927 Declaration
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER
Year: 1927
Date: 01 Jul 1927
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Declaration of Intention
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: [BLANK]
Witness 2 Full Name: [BLANK]
Year Immigrated: 1921
Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
1929 Petition
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER Year: 1929
Date: 22 Jun 1929
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Petition for Naturalization
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Albert M Galuardi
Witness 2 Full Name: Fortunato Piccioli
Year Immigrated: 1921 Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
1930 Oath
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: ENTER
Year: 1930
Date: 16 Apr 1930
Immigrant Full Name: Tommaso Radicchi
Document Type: Oath of Allegiance
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: [BLANK]
Witness 2 Full Name: [BLANK]
Year Immigrated: 1921
Ship Name: San Giorgio
Spouse Full Name: Pierina
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Thanks again! Can you tell me how I go about getting birth certificates for my father and my grandparents?
Lady Leader
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Thanks Valerie! After my parents died (I was only 13, which is why I know so little about my family), I went to live with my Uncle Ernest and his wife. They had inherited the house at 1031 Myers Avenue. Thanks also for the info on Thomas Radicchi. My Uncle Tommy lived at 1023 Myers Ave. His wife, Pierina, was my Godmother. It was nice to learn when he came to the US and that my Grandfather Fortunato was his witness for naturalization.
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Anna Maria, I'm glad those records were useful
.
As far as your question on birth certificates (called acts),
normally I check the LDS FamilySearch site.
It appears they don't have microfilm in their library for your father's
bithplace: Serravalle di Carda.
That means that you'll need to write directly to the town.
Wish I were better at helping with that direction, but
others can help with how/were to write
.
Valarie
As far as your question on birth certificates (called acts),
normally I check the LDS FamilySearch site.
It appears they don't have microfilm in their library for your father's
bithplace: Serravalle di Carda.
That means that you'll need to write directly to the town.
Wish I were better at helping with that direction, but
others can help with how/were to write
Valarie
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Tommaso Radicchi 1921 Manifest, line 9 travelling with cousins on lines 10 and 11
Vessel: San Giorgio
Arrival: New York 23 JUl 1921
Tommaso Radicchi, age 17
Last residence and place of birth: Gubbio, province of Perugia - region: Umbria
Nearest relative in Italy: father Angelo
Destination: Peckville PA to join cousin Giuseppe Ciciglioni
Page 1
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6636 ... 211uz6.jpg
Page 2
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5330 ... 212hp2.jpg
Biff
Vessel: San Giorgio
Arrival: New York 23 JUl 1921
Tommaso Radicchi, age 17
Last residence and place of birth: Gubbio, province of Perugia - region: Umbria
Nearest relative in Italy: father Angelo
Destination: Peckville PA to join cousin Giuseppe Ciciglioni
Page 1
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6636 ... 211uz6.jpg
Page 2
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5330 ... 212hp2.jpg
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Anna Maria,
I'm also a Coal Cracker; I was born and raised just "up the line" in Carbondale.
Let's see what we can do to help you write to Italy for records.
Since Fortunato and family was from the hamlet (frazione) of Serravalle di Carda in the town (comune) of Apecchio in the province of Pesaro-Urbino - region: Marche, you'll need to write to Apecchio to request records. Here's the address to write for records.
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Apecchio
Via XX Settembre, 25
61042 Apecchio (PU)
ITALY
Your request should be in Italian and include as much information as possible to help expedite the location of records. If we can nail down the details, I'd request four documents--the birth records for Fortunato, Francesca and Stefano plus the marriage record for Fortunato and Francesca. And rather than an extract, I'd request integral copies since they contain more detailed information.
Here's my grandfather's records
Birth Extract
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2338 ... actht5.jpg
Integral Copy
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6748 ... inapc0.jpg
As you can see, besides giving date of birth and parents' names, the integral copy also gives parents' ages, occupations, time of birth, address where birth took place and witnesses.
Do you know what Francesca's maiden name was (the manifest Valarie posted gave her married name)? And the birthdates of your grandparents and father? Fortunato's WWI Draft card states 10 Mar 1877.
Let's get our information together and then we'll work on composing the letter. I'll give you a hand drafting the letter and I'm sure that a number of others will help to correct and polish the translation.
Biff
I'm also a Coal Cracker; I was born and raised just "up the line" in Carbondale.
Let's see what we can do to help you write to Italy for records.
Since Fortunato and family was from the hamlet (frazione) of Serravalle di Carda in the town (comune) of Apecchio in the province of Pesaro-Urbino - region: Marche, you'll need to write to Apecchio to request records. Here's the address to write for records.
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Apecchio
Via XX Settembre, 25
61042 Apecchio (PU)
ITALY
Your request should be in Italian and include as much information as possible to help expedite the location of records. If we can nail down the details, I'd request four documents--the birth records for Fortunato, Francesca and Stefano plus the marriage record for Fortunato and Francesca. And rather than an extract, I'd request integral copies since they contain more detailed information.
Here's my grandfather's records
Birth Extract
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2338 ... actht5.jpg
Integral Copy
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6748 ... inapc0.jpg
As you can see, besides giving date of birth and parents' names, the integral copy also gives parents' ages, occupations, time of birth, address where birth took place and witnesses.
Do you know what Francesca's maiden name was (the manifest Valarie posted gave her married name)? And the birthdates of your grandparents and father? Fortunato's WWI Draft card states 10 Mar 1877.
Let's get our information together and then we'll work on composing the letter. I'll give you a hand drafting the letter and I'm sure that a number of others will help to correct and polish the translation.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Biff
My brother Stephen Jr. lived all of his married life in Carbondale on Howard Street. You have to admit that the Blakely Bears were one powerful football team.
I will get the information about birthdates and let you know as soon as I can find them. My father was born May 10, 1899. That's the day we always celebrated it but I also saw somewhere that it said he was born on May 12, 1899. I do know that my grandmother's maiden name was Pierini.
I will check on her birthday and get back to you.
Thanks again,
Anna Maria
My brother Stephen Jr. lived all of his married life in Carbondale on Howard Street. You have to admit that the Blakely Bears were one powerful football team.
I will get the information about birthdates and let you know as soon as I can find them. My father was born May 10, 1899. That's the day we always celebrated it but I also saw somewhere that it said he was born on May 12, 1899. I do know that my grandmother's maiden name was Pierini.
I will check on her birthday and get back to you.
Thanks again,
Anna Maria
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Anna Maria,
Our family lived on Belmont Street. Besides working as the yard hostler on the Delaware & Hudson, my grandfather and my grandmother with the rest of the family owned and operated Bifano's Restaurant and Grille which was located on the ground floor of the family homestead.
Once you can get the birthdate for your grandmother, we'll get working on that letter to the town. Sorry for that Senior Moment I had about your grandmother's maiden name.
Biff
Our family lived on Belmont Street. Besides working as the yard hostler on the Delaware & Hudson, my grandfather and my grandmother with the rest of the family owned and operated Bifano's Restaurant and Grille which was located on the ground floor of the family homestead.
Once you can get the birthdate for your grandmother, we'll get working on that letter to the town. Sorry for that Senior Moment I had about your grandmother's maiden name.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
As a Piccioli myself with strong family ties with my family in Florence Italy. please feel free to email me Fpiccoli@aol.com for any info you want...who knows..maybe we are related
Re: Looking for Piccioli family info
Hello! Is anyone still on this thread? I know it has been many years, but I just came across this site and was excited to see the information here. My grandmother was born Maria Piccioli, known as Mary. She was the second daughter of Fortunato and Francesca. I remember very well her older sister, my great aunt Pierina, and her youngest brother, Ernie.
My records show the Italian village they came from as Serravalle di Chienti (not Carda). In fact, I have been there, but only briefly, and did not have time to do any research. Someday I will go back, poke around some more, and stop by the church in hopes of finding some old records (it was closed for renovations when I was last there).
I have not yet gone through all the wonderful information and documents on this page, but I certainly will. In the meantime, I am attaching a photo my grandmother gave me. From the ages of the children, I'm guessing this was taken around 1932. I have others, and more information, if anyone's still on this page.
-Cathy
My records show the Italian village they came from as Serravalle di Chienti (not Carda). In fact, I have been there, but only briefly, and did not have time to do any research. Someday I will go back, poke around some more, and stop by the church in hopes of finding some old records (it was closed for renovations when I was last there).
I have not yet gone through all the wonderful information and documents on this page, but I certainly will. In the meantime, I am attaching a photo my grandmother gave me. From the ages of the children, I'm guessing this was taken around 1932. I have others, and more information, if anyone's still on this page.
-Cathy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


