Hi everyone, I am looking for any info about the Cerasani's from San Benedetto dei Marsi, l'Aquila. My great grandfathers name was Quirino and he was born there in 1890. His parents names were Silvio (father, born 1864) and Quirino's mother was Vincenzo(a) DiGenova. Thats about all I have gathered from Ancestry and Ellis island doc's.
I am very new to this but I have quickly become fascinated ( is "addicted" to strong a word?) Any pointers and/or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Scott Cerasano (Quirino changed my name when he got to the U.S. LOL)
Cerasani from San Benedetto
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
Since you are highly motivated with your Italian family genealogy may I suggest http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html and http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters for documents in Italy. This will enable you to make inquiries that will help us help you quickly and quietly as it were. =peter=
~Peter~
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
Hi,
for any civil record from 1831-1865, you can try in Mormon's microfilms:
Italy, L'Aquila, San Benedetto dei Marsi - Civil registration
Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1831-1865 San Benedetto dei Marsi (L'Aquila). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
best regards,
suanj
for any civil record from 1831-1865, you can try in Mormon's microfilms:
Italy, L'Aquila, San Benedetto dei Marsi - Civil registration
Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1831-1865 San Benedetto dei Marsi (L'Aquila). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
I suppose you could split between the Family History Library and then request 1865 to 1900 for post 1865 documents if available. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
However the last residence in 1913 of Silvio Cerasani ( born in San Benedetto dei Marsi) and Vincenza Di Genova was Pescina town; in the travel of 1913, Silvio joining at Vincenzo Cerasani nephew in Montreal..;
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
Thanks Suanj. Happy New Year to such a well prepared wonderful person.=Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
Wow, Thanks for the pointers and I can see I have tons to learn.....
Re: Cerasani from San Benedetto
Thanks Peter,PeterTimber wrote:Thanks Suanj. Happy New Year to such a well prepared wonderful person.=Peter=
HAPPY 2010!!Hugs,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

