I am applying for my dual citizenship through the NY consulate. I have read on a few different forums how difficult NY has been lately & sometimes they require more things than listed on the website. I just want to make sure I have everything in order before my appointment- but I'm sure even if I have everything they will find something wrong :-/
I am applying GGF--> GM--->F--->Me
I was told I need my GGF birth certificate (abstract) from Italy - however now i'm being told they want the a photocopy of the original. Not sure if they even issue these.
Still waiting on my GGM birth certificate from Italy.
GGF & GGM marriage cert
GM birth certificate
GF birth certificate
GM & GF marriage certificate
F Birth certificate
M Birth certificate
F & M marriage certificate (which I was told needs to be amended because my dad's legal name is Stephan and he listed it as Stephen)
My birth certificate
I have a letter of NO records from Nara -- I am waiting for something from USCIS-- which I will then have to send back to get an official NO records letter. ***Does anyone know if I can actually go down to DC and do this in person???***
Also, I'm not sure which documents need to be apostilled and translated. I was thinking of doing all of them to be safe- but I dont want to spend that much if I don't have to.
For which people do I need a death certificate for?? I was lead to believe it's just the people in the direct ancestry line.
Finally, I also read I need a copy of the 1930 census & the ships manifest that my GGF came over on.
This seems like alot more than I originally believed I needed.
Has anyone had an appointment in NYC recently? What exactly is required??
Thanks for your help!



