Today I called the Boston consulate to schedule an appointment. They asked tons of questions and advised me to apply for my mother in Philadelphia first, then follow on in Boston for my family. This seemed strange to me, so I asked the same question many times, just formed differently. I got the same answer each time, so there was definitely no misunderstanding. The consular worker explained that the majority of my documents were from the Pennsylvania area, where my mother still resides, that they would need to be sent to the Philadelphia consulate for verification anyhow, that I might as well just help her file the application there.
I am not sure if that means that I must wait until her citizenship is recognized before I can apply for mine and my family, or if the Philadelphia consulate will forward and attach my application for the Boston area? Or if they are two separate applications completely with double waiting times?
Anyone else have to split up a filing? Does this seem weird to anyone else?
It is my mother's paternal grandfather and paternal grandmother who are Italian.
1892 04 10 My maternal great grandfather's birth certificate from Italy.
1932 10 10 My maternal great grandfather's death certificate with Apostille. (PA)
1898 08 25 My maternal great grandmother's birth certificate from Italy. 1967 12 10 My maternal great grandmother's death certificate with Apostille. (PA)
1915 12 02 My great grandparents' marriage license application with Apostille. (PA)
My maternal great grandfather's certificate of naturalization OR statement of "No Records" . Documents:
+ 1930 Census - Showing status as Alien
+ 1920 Census - Showing status as Alien
+ National Archives no records of petition for Naturalization or Declaration of Intention.
+ 1942 Alien Registration card for my great grandmother.
+ Immigration and Naturalization Service Pittsburgh - No records response.
+ US Department of Homeland Security - US Citizenship and Immigration Services - No records response.
+ June 5 1917 Draft card showing great grandfather's status as Alien.
+ US District Court - Pittsburgh - No record response.
1917 03 23 My maternal grandfather's birth certificate with Apostille. (PA)
2003 07 12 My maternal grandfather's death certificate with Apostille. (PA)
1919 09 16 My maternal grandmother's birth certificate with Apostille. (PA)
2003 03 14 My maternal grandmother's death certificate with Apostille. (WV)
1941 06 05 My grandparents' marriage license application with Apostille. (PA)
1944 06 14 My mother's birth certificate with Apostille. (PA)
1944 08 18 My father's birth certificate with Apostille. (MD)
1965 05 29 My parents' marriage certificate with Apostille. (PA)
1974 07 09 My birth certificate with Apostille. (DE)
1972 07 26 My brother's birth certificate with Apostille. (DE)
1979 06 06 My sister's birth certificate with Apostille. (NJ)
1983 01 27 My spouse's birth certificate with Apostille. (MA)
2003 06 26 My marriage certificate with Apostille. (NH)
2003 12 14 My daughter's birth certificate with Apostille. (MA)
2003 12 14 My daughter's birth certificate with Apostille. (MA)
2008 09 24 My son's birth certificate from department of state, so no apostille. (Brazil)
I hope to hear from the Philadelphia consulate this week with an appointment time/date for my mother's application, otherwise I will ring them back. I am anxious to get this ball rolling.
I will try to keep this thread updated with any developments. If anyone has any questions or advice for me, please post or pm me.
thanks,
chris
P.S. Are we able to pick and choose which commune will register our documents? If so, I am thinking of using the commune in Sicily where I am still in contact with relatives instead of the commune where my mother's ancestors are from, will this be a problem? Is/Are there any negative connotations for using a "southern" commune? Would someone suggest having their documents registered at a super high tech commune with email like Genoa?



