I am trying to find out how I would get more information such as birth records and parents names of my ancestor.
Augustus Cupido, born in about 1840 in San Vito Chietino, Abruzzo.
He traveled to New Zealand in the late 1870s - early 1880s his wife was Anna Elizabeth New. In New Zealand he changed his name to Copedo. We are still the only Copedo family here in NZ
I would really appreciate any help on this, I would really love to know who his parents are.
It is thought that his sister is Filomena Cupido who married Carmine D'Angelo in 1872 in San Vito Chietino as there is a letter in the family here in NZ from "Filomina" and she is supposedly his sister.
This would make his parents
Father: Pietro Nicolao Maria Cupido
Mother: Sabbia Vincenza Altobelli
But I really need some sort of record to prove that they are his parents.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this
Kelly in New Zealand

