Its a long story but here is who I'm looking for and trying to learn more about.
I'm trying to find out where my Grandpa's real father is. His mother, Maria Barone was married to a man (Guiseppe) "Vercillo" and had one son... he died in WW1 and she later became a helper at a family home, the Anselmo's. She became pregnant with a son by the "man of the house" and this son was born and sent away to be adopted... there are no records of this child I can find, I don't know where hes gone. The second son born to Maria and this man with the last name "Anselmo" was my grandfather, who she kept but was shunned away because she kept him. She gave my Grandfather her maiden name, which is Barone. I know my Grandpa has one half brother - Filippo who is older and still resides in Italy. I am on the look to find this missing son which would be my grandpa's full brother and the family of the man who is the biological father of my grandpa and his full brother.
Here is what I do know:
Maria Barone married Guiseppe Vercillo and had on son named Filippo. Guiseppe died in the war and Maria then got pregnant by (first name) Anselmo, the child was a boy and was sent away to be adopted. A few years later Maria was pregnant again and my Grandfather was born (1926), who she named "Ernesto Barone" he had her maiden name. (My Nonna thinks Maria changed her name back to Barone and died with that name, but I can't find any records). My Nonna and Ernesto married. My Grandfather came to canada in 1951 and my Grandma followed in 1954, by this time they had one son who was almost 4 or 5 years old named Ezio. He is my uncle. Since then they had another son, he is my father. So, I am looking for info on my great grandparents....
I am looking for any information at all on Maria (Vercillo) Barone and the man she was originally married to (Guiseppe Vercillo) and the man she had an affair with (We believe he was married when he got Maria preg. twice) who's last name is Anselmo. These events all took place in Grimaldi, Cosenza, Italy where both my Nonna and Grandpa grew up. I can not find any records of Maria under either last names.
Some other info is I believe my nonna was contacted by this unknown son who was given away, his name was Paul Vercillo from Thunder Bay and another questionable person has the last name Caruso. This info is not definite as its only a possibility. Back when they were contacted (my grandparents) my Grandpa (Ernesto) was ashaimed and wanted nothing to do with the atempt of this family tree.
Sorry such a long story.



