Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Ready to file in Boston
You know people should not be afraid to ask the Consulate questions. Your are entitled to clarifications and reasons and while some may be reluctant to discuss things others may not. Its an art and not a science. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Ready to file in Boston
when my appointment was made in Boston, I wasn't given a time. First come first served on that day. I arrived shortly after opening and was made to wait about 20 minutes or so, maybe less, felt like 20. Then while I was in the office, another couple came in and were waiting for the citizenship official. I was told when I asked about a time during making my appointment, that the office was open between 9am - 12 noon, don't come at 12 noon as we need time to discuss and review the documents. I said I would be there when the doors open. 
Re: Ready to file in Boston
As for an update. I am trying to figure out my m-ggM's citizenship status, which is SLOW going. See side post about determining her status. I still don't have an official answer on this one.
Maybe USCIS can let me know how they consider it. Anyone have a phone number to call to talk to a human about it?
My wife's name change is in the works. I have the courts all lined up and the documentation ready. The judge is out this week, so I will have my petition for a court order to the courthouse on Monday. It should only be 2 weeks until the judge issues the court order should the petition be correct and there are no questions/follow up. All done through the mail in NH, which is nice. The MA city clerk will honor the NH judge court order to correct the record, which is awesome, saves me a trip to MA courts. So I am hoping to have this resolved within a month and also have more proofs that my m-ggF didn't naturalize through supporting documentation of my m-ggM's citizenship status. Honestly I feel 10 proofs are enough, but hey, give what is asked for...
My wife's name change is in the works. I have the courts all lined up and the documentation ready. The judge is out this week, so I will have my petition for a court order to the courthouse on Monday. It should only be 2 weeks until the judge issues the court order should the petition be correct and there are no questions/follow up. All done through the mail in NH, which is nice. The MA city clerk will honor the NH judge court order to correct the record, which is awesome, saves me a trip to MA courts. So I am hoping to have this resolved within a month and also have more proofs that my m-ggF didn't naturalize through supporting documentation of my m-ggM's citizenship status. Honestly I feel 10 proofs are enough, but hey, give what is asked for...
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Maybe they wouldnt be backlogged if they were open more than 3 hours at a clip! Anyhow, getting naturalization papers for the persons spouse helps your case?
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Ready to file in Boston
DeFilippis78 wrote:Maybe they wouldnt be backlogged if they were open more than 3 hours at a clip! Anyhow, getting naturalization papers for the persons spouse helps your case?
Alicia
Really, though, it's a common way of doing this type of business - appointments in the morning; work on cases in the afternoon.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Oh, so they are still there working? I thought they headed out at 12!
It made me think of the dog pound. Here in Jersey they are open 3-4 hours a day yet complain no one adopts the animals
What do you want when you are barely open! Dumb point, I know.
Alicia
It made me think of the dog pound. Here in Jersey they are open 3-4 hours a day yet complain no one adopts the animals
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
They would be more back logged if they were accepting applications for the full work day. I have no problems with limited public access hours, I wish all businesses were that way.DeFilippis78 wrote:Maybe they wouldnt be backlogged if they were open more than 3 hours at a clip! Anyhow, getting naturalization papers for the persons spouse helps your case?
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
That is true. How long would our wait be if they had appointments from 9 to 5! Good point!
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I am in the same predicament as jamurp01 looking for ARC information for a spouse of the blood line through which I would like to apply. The Boston consulate wants an alien registration card application for my m-ggM to prove that my m-ggF never naturalized before his death. I always thought the requirement was to prove he didn't naturalize before his son was born, even though I have proof for the 15 years after that when he died.
Here are my case facts, if anyone can offer any advice or assistance:
My m-ggF, Giuseppe "Joseph" Cecchini arrived in 1912 (have ship manifest) and died in 1932 in the mines.
The 1920 and 1930 census list him as an Alien.
I supplied 10 proofs of no naturalization for him, including 2 distinctly worded USCIS certified letters of non-existence, local court searches, district court searches, Nara, etc...
My m-ggM was born in Galluzzo, Italy August 25, 1898 as Oretta Flori.
She commonly used Laura as her first name.
I have her ship manifest (June 13, 1906 - Princess Irene - Genoa to NY), and there are numbers on this manifest that match her 1941 declaration of intent.
I have her fathers, Federigo, landing in New York on June 5th 1903. There are NO markings next to his name but he DID naturalize on December 11th 1917.
I have a declaration of intent for my m-ggM though dated 1941 as well as an Alien Registration Card from the same year.
I have had NO RESPONSE from a FOIA request filled on 12/2008 for her complete file, not sure how to follow that up.
My m-ggM died in December 10th 1967.
With what I have, should I just initiate a NEW USCIS genealogy request with her Alien Registration number? Will that return her application or just the card I already have?
Any suggestions as the local court where the declaration of intent was filed, can't find the record, even when I supplied them this photocopy. Why would that be? Could it be that since she was already considered a naturalized citizen through her father they disposed of this declaration of intent? Nara could only find her name listed on her father's Naturalization document. They were unable to find her declaration, petition (if exists) and oath (if exists).
Documents mentioned above in PDF are found here.
Can anyone search ancestry.com for any further ARC information, my trial ran out eons ago.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance...
Here are my case facts, if anyone can offer any advice or assistance:
My m-ggF, Giuseppe "Joseph" Cecchini arrived in 1912 (have ship manifest) and died in 1932 in the mines.
The 1920 and 1930 census list him as an Alien.
I supplied 10 proofs of no naturalization for him, including 2 distinctly worded USCIS certified letters of non-existence, local court searches, district court searches, Nara, etc...
My m-ggM was born in Galluzzo, Italy August 25, 1898 as Oretta Flori.
She commonly used Laura as her first name.
I have her ship manifest (June 13, 1906 - Princess Irene - Genoa to NY), and there are numbers on this manifest that match her 1941 declaration of intent.
I have her fathers, Federigo, landing in New York on June 5th 1903. There are NO markings next to his name but he DID naturalize on December 11th 1917.
I have a declaration of intent for my m-ggM though dated 1941 as well as an Alien Registration Card from the same year.
I have had NO RESPONSE from a FOIA request filled on 12/2008 for her complete file, not sure how to follow that up.
My m-ggM died in December 10th 1967.
With what I have, should I just initiate a NEW USCIS genealogy request with her Alien Registration number? Will that return her application or just the card I already have?
Any suggestions as the local court where the declaration of intent was filed, can't find the record, even when I supplied them this photocopy. Why would that be? Could it be that since she was already considered a naturalized citizen through her father they disposed of this declaration of intent? Nara could only find her name listed on her father's Naturalization document. They were unable to find her declaration, petition (if exists) and oath (if exists).
Documents mentioned above in PDF are found here.
Can anyone search ancestry.com for any further ARC information, my trial ran out eons ago.
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Sorry her ARC was dated in 1942, not 1941 as I posted above.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
This is really insane. So all these documents needed are for the spouse?
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
just another piece of the puzzle...
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I still dont understand why they need so many documents for a person who you are not applying through. Why all this jumping through hoops?
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
because they are asking for it, I am searching for it 
Re: Ready to file in Boston
The idea is to make you give up. Cuts down on their workload.DeFilippis78 wrote:I still dont understand why they need so many documents for a person who you are not applying through. Why all this jumping through hoops?
Alicia

