Newark NJ Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Are you sure you were supposed to send an application before an appointment? As far as I know with other consulates you give your application while your at your first scheduled appointment.

Alicia
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by Mulé »

Not your first scheduled appointment in my case. I still have not submitted my originals.
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by DeFilippis78 »

In my case, Philly, they sent me a packet of info trough email with everything I need. Im assuming I bring it to the first appointment or if there is a follow up one after that. Just to play it safe Im going to bring for the first one. But now Im wondering , are we supposed to send it all in advance? I dont feel comfortable with that. I have to hand deliver it to someone or I will fret over where all my documents went to :)

Alicia
User avatar
lanico
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 01:30

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by lanico »

Vice Consulate of Italy - Newark wrote:
> The appointments for citizenship through Italian descent are given on a
> first come first serve basis. To ensure that you will be given an
> appointment please visit the Consulate website at www.consnewark.esteri.it
> And fill out the istanza form (request form). Send it in with a copy of
your
> ancestor birth certificate (not older than 1992) and a copy of your driver
> license.
>
> Regards,
>
> Consulate of Italy
> One Gateway Center, Suite 100
> Newark, NJ 07102
> Tel: 973-643-1448
> Fax: 973-643-3043
> consolato.newark@esteri.it

they request copy of ancestor's bc and your id with application BEFORE appointment is scheduled. I guess it's only Newark that does this?
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im not sure about the other consulates but with Philly they didnt need anything from me in advance to schedule my appointment.

Alicia
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by Mulé »

Alicia could you scan or make available the information that the Philly consulate sent to you? I am interested as to what was in the packet. :) thx
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Its actually several pages and Im not exactly that savvy with the computer to scan and attach it here :) Send me your email in PM and I can send the attachment to you. Sound good?

Alicia
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by Mulé »

thx - email addy sent... :) yeah the board also doesn't allow pdf attachments for some reason. :(
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ok let me check my message and Ill email it over!

Alicia
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Newark NJ Consulate

Post by mler »

They are only asking for copies, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hold on to the official (apostilled) documents, and bring them in yourself.
Post Reply