I'm searching for a Lucy Gori (I'm presuming her real name was Lucia as I cant think of any other italian name that would easily change to Lucy). She was born 4/5/1899 and entered the US prior to 1921. I have found only one Lucia Gori listed in a 1920 manifest (and I've tried to search every other connotation). She was born in Pofi, Frosinone. She ended up marrying a man in the US who was born in Baia e Latina. This seems logical to me since I doubt she would be allowed to marry a "new" person in the US, but rather someone who was born close to home and possibly known to her family.
The one thing that confuses me is that there is a reference that she was destined for Wilson, PA. If its the Lucy Gori I'm searching for, she settled in Meadville, PA.
How do I resolve this discrepancy? What can I do to confirm that its the same person? If I could, it surely would make it easier...as the manifest also states her parents names (Maria and Giusseppe)!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frosinone v Baia e Latina
- nanette0269
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 17:19
Re: Frosinone v Baia e Latina
oops. I JUST found it. It wasnt Wilson, PA...but a Wilson Street in Alleghany, PA. Woohooo...this is addicting!
Thanks anyway
Thanks anyway