non italian search
non italian search
Okay, I am trying to find info on the following. my great grandfather William Z. Pemberton. Her married Nancy Queen. They lived in Spokane, Wa when I knew them. I am new at this and having a hard time figuring out how to search stuff. Plus I am very, very limited on funds and everything seems to cost alot ot money.
I tried to get a copy of my dads birth cert. and it was going to cost well over $100. and i wasn't evern positive it was his.
I tried to get a copy of my dads birth cert. and it was going to cost well over $100. and i wasn't evern positive it was his.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: non italian search
I dont think they do anything else but Italian genealogy here. But if you look to the left of this page you will see a link for forums for Canadian, Dutch, German, etc.
Alicia
Alicia
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: non italian search
In what country was he born, where and when? Some of us are versatile. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: non italian search
edited to delete incorrect record
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: non italian search
Hey I didnt know that. I cant find much on my Austrian side due to the whole empire busting up into smaller countries, its been impossible. I tried the German forum to the left and no one answered me. It was months ago 
Alicia
Alicia
Re: non italian search
I am going to have to figure that out.
The info I put is all I know at this point. I am super brand new at this just the past week. I don't get all the ins and outs. I think I am going to go to the library and get some books to help me.
Plus to get copies of stuif, i.e birth, death, marraige, is next to impossible or very expensive. Almost all the sites I've tried are pay sites. I am a working mom, divorced with three kids and no child support. Might have to put all this on hold for a while til my kids are a bit older. a bit disgouraging
The info I put is all I know at this point. I am super brand new at this just the past week. I don't get all the ins and outs. I think I am going to go to the library and get some books to help me.
Plus to get copies of stuif, i.e birth, death, marraige, is next to impossible or very expensive. Almost all the sites I've tried are pay sites. I am a working mom, divorced with three kids and no child support. Might have to put all this on hold for a while til my kids are a bit older. a bit disgouraging
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: non italian search
Hi, I found this record:kiddd66 wrote:Okay, I am trying to find info on the following. my great grandfather William Z. Pemberton. Her married Nancy Queen. They lived in Spokane, Wa when I knew them. I am new at this and having a hard time figuring out how to search stuff. Plus I am very, very limited on funds and everything seems to cost alot ot money.
I tried to get a copy of my dads birth cert. and it was going to cost well over $100. and i wasn't evern positive it was his.
William Z Pemberton
Birth 8 Dec 1890
Camden, Missouri, USA
Death 1982
Spokane, Spokane, Washington, USA
parents: William Pemberton (1865 – 1945) and Caldonia Coffee/Coffey (1865 – 1935)
spouse: Nancy E Queen Born: 1896 in Kirbyville, [county], Missouri, USA; Marriage: 23 Jul 1921 in Springfield, [county], Missouri, USA
children: William J Pemberton born abt 1919; Helen L Pemberton born abt 1921
1930 census:
1930 United States Federal Census
about William Pemberton
Name: William Pemberton
Home in 1930: Chemawa, Marion, Oregon
View Map
Age: 41
Estimated birth year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Missouri
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Nancy
Race: White
Occupation:
Education:
Military service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
William Pemberton 41
Nancy Pemberton 34
William J Pemberton 10
Helen L Pemberton 8
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: non italian search
Anyone want to take a shot at this? My great grandfather is Rudolph Hosner born in 1884 in Austria. I have everything I can get on him as far as US documents, except a 1910 census. I never could find a ship manifest. Supposedly he came here as a baby, so it would be around 1884 or 5. His siblings are Andrew and Mary. His father is also Andrew Hosner and mother is Elizabeth but no documents say maiden name. Elizabeth claimed to be a widow on a census. I dont know if the father Andrew came here with the family or died in Austria and then she came with the kids. There is a possible link to the town Fuenfkirchen which is present day Hungary.Id like to find a ship manifest if possible.
Alicia
Alicia
Re: non italian search
Thanks all for the info, it is greatly appreciated.
Re: non italian search
Alicia...dual purpose of Off Topic....
Sometimes we hit road blocks with our non Italian families!
Lee
Lee
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: non italian search
OK,
Is this the right Rudolph Hosner?
1900 Census
Name: Rudolph Hosner
Home in 1900: Marcy, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Age: 14
Birth Date: Nov 1885
Birthplace: Aus Germany
[Austria;Germany]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1887
Relationship to Head of House: Son
Father's Birthplace: Aus
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Mother's Birthplace: Aus
Marital Status: Single
Residence : Duryea Town, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Elizabeth Hosner 37
Andrew Hosner 16
Rudolph Hosner 14
Mary Hosner 7
There are 2 Rudolph S Hosner's This one born November 28 1885 and another born October 28 1884.
I have also noticed a lot of misspellings the most common is Hasner.
If this Rudolph is your GGrandfather, in a quick search I can find his WW2 Draft Card, no 1910 census or WW1 Draft Card. I will chase some misspelt names later if I am on the right track.
David
David
Is this the right Rudolph Hosner?
1900 Census
Name: Rudolph Hosner
Home in 1900: Marcy, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Age: 14
Birth Date: Nov 1885
Birthplace: Aus Germany
[Austria;Germany]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1887
Relationship to Head of House: Son
Father's Birthplace: Aus
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Mother's Birthplace: Aus
Marital Status: Single
Residence : Duryea Town, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Elizabeth Hosner 37
Andrew Hosner 16
Rudolph Hosner 14
Mary Hosner 7
There are 2 Rudolph S Hosner's This one born November 28 1885 and another born October 28 1884.
I have also noticed a lot of misspellings the most common is Hasner.
If this Rudolph is your GGrandfather, in a quick search I can find his WW2 Draft Card, no 1910 census or WW1 Draft Card. I will chase some misspelt names later if I am on the right track.
David
David
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: non italian search
Thank you David but I have all that info. Its only the 1910 and ship manifest I cant find. I have 1900, 1920, 1930, draft one and two, social app and death certificate.
Also, the November and October birth are both him for sure. There has always been a mix up with his birthday for some reason.
Alicia
Also, the November and October birth are both him for sure. There has always been a mix up with his birthday for some reason.
Alicia
Re: non italian search
I can see the difficulty that you are having, most unusual the two different birthdays - 1 year and one month difference.
I have tried searching numerous misspellings to no avail.
Could it be something as simple as them not answering the door when the census taker called and the census taker never bothered following up? or he didn't return to the old country for a visit?
I will admit that I am not nearly as experienced in research as some other members of this site, hopefully one of those people will have more success.
David
I have tried searching numerous misspellings to no avail.
Could it be something as simple as them not answering the door when the census taker called and the census taker never bothered following up? or he didn't return to the old country for a visit?
I will admit that I am not nearly as experienced in research as some other members of this site, hopefully one of those people will have more success.
David



