I have been reading the Nat. Papers, noticed this number after the affidavits.... "subscribed and sworn to before me_____etc.. in the office of the Clerk of said court.......
1X 4611
The beginning of that particular phrase is x'd out by the typewriter it says ," I hereby certify that certificate of arrival No. 1X 4611... only the I and the number have not been struck out.
Why would that be struck out and what is the meaning of the
No. 1X 4611?
another dead end?
Re: another dead end?
Anyone know what the number 1X 4611 on naturalization papers?
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: another dead end?
Dear Figlia send an e-mail to Newyork.archives@nara.gov and ask them if no one else comes up with an answer. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: another dead end?
Numbers similar to “1X-151593? indicate that the arrival of the immigrant was verified prior to naturalization and typically indicates that the verification was made after 1926. The first number indicates the naturalization district, the “Xâ€
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
