Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Ciao tutti!
Does anyone know of a site / volunteer group that offers free look-ups of death records from Cuyahoga County, Ohio?
I've seen some from other counties but none from here so far. And I've only been able to find indexes on places like Ancestry but I need the full records- which *hopefully will include parents' names. I'm doing some research for a friend and she's on a tight budget.
I know exact dates of death and towns and even certificate numbers, I just need the records! We need to go ONE more generation back to get to the Italian films. If you know of anything, please let me know.
Thank you!
Aliza
Does anyone know of a site / volunteer group that offers free look-ups of death records from Cuyahoga County, Ohio?
I've seen some from other counties but none from here so far. And I've only been able to find indexes on places like Ancestry but I need the full records- which *hopefully will include parents' names. I'm doing some research for a friend and she's on a tight budget.
I know exact dates of death and towns and even certificate numbers, I just need the records! We need to go ONE more generation back to get to the Italian films. If you know of anything, please let me know.
Thank you!
Aliza
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Hi Aliza
It depends on the year. You mention certificate number, so perhaps after 1908.
There is http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... ;c=1307272
YOu can also order from OH Historical Society
http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/death/
If you are dealing at the county level before 1908 - my experience has been forget about the Cuyhoga archives. I have written and sent several requests and never received a reply. I visited the archive one and it was one of the least helpful archives I have been to. There are records on microfilm at the county level before 1908 from FHL.
Good Luck
Debbie
It depends on the year. You mention certificate number, so perhaps after 1908.
There is http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... ;c=1307272
YOu can also order from OH Historical Society
http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/death/
If you are dealing at the county level before 1908 - my experience has been forget about the Cuyhoga archives. I have written and sent several requests and never received a reply. I visited the archive one and it was one of the least helpful archives I have been to. There are records on microfilm at the county level before 1908 from FHL.
Good Luck
Debbie
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/death//
There is an index and you get copies but there is a fee for the copies.
There is an index and you get copies but there is a fee for the copies.
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
If you are looking pre 1908 records for adult deaths rarely have the name of parents.
Debbie
Debbie
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
familysearchlabs.org
Ohio deaths from 1908 to 1953
the death certificates are right online for free, if you need those years.
Ohio deaths from 1908 to 1953
the death certificates are right online for free, if you need those years.
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Thanks guys!
I did try the labs site a few times and it had problems loading. It's still in the experimental phase. I'll try it again though and see what I can find.
And the deaths I'm looking for are after 1908.
I did try the labs site a few times and it had problems loading. It's still in the experimental phase. I'll try it again though and see what I can find.
And the deaths I'm looking for are after 1908.
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
UPDATE: I finally got this thing to load and boom! I found one of the people I was looking for.
I'm so excited. Many thanks!!
I'm so excited. Many thanks!!
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Try cpl.org. That's the website for the Cleveland Public Library, There's a link for Necrology files which has death notices that may be of some help. I've found lots of family members, and the death notices give names of family members. If your ancestors were Catholic you could google Cleveland Catholic Cemeteries, and that may help too.
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Thank you all. I was able to find everyone's record but one and that was for for a much later date than the others- 1964. It looks like they may only have them digitized up to a certain year.
One site where you could look up the certificates only went to 1944- so this is probably whey I didn't get that last one.
That's ok though because I have a lot to work with for now.
Thanks again everyone!
One site where you could look up the certificates only went to 1944- so this is probably whey I didn't get that last one.
That's ok though because I have a lot to work with for now.
Thanks again everyone!
- donnawright
- Elite

- Posts: 252
- Joined: 11 Jan 2009, 21:00
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
My aunt and uncle were married in Columbia County in Ohio, but I found their marriage license here. -- in a West Virginia historical site Don't know what even made me look, but maybe you will find something there too.
http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx
Donna
http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx
Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Thanks you Donna that would be a good place to look but this particular group that I was looking for all got married in Italy.
I'm trying to do what I can to get them back one more generation because the Italian records don't start until 1865 for this comune. It's a frustrating one because they are all SO close- one was born in 1867!
I'm trying to do what I can to get them back one more generation because the Italian records don't start until 1865 for this comune. It's a frustrating one because they are all SO close- one was born in 1867!
- donnawright
- Elite

- Posts: 252
- Joined: 11 Jan 2009, 21:00
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Well, keep it in mind.... it has births, marriages and deaths, andI don't kow what else since I have not scoured it thoroughly. I don't know why a WV resource has Ohio things in it, but it sure does. I tested it with other Ohio births, deaths, and marriages that I KNOW for certain, and they are not there, but from now on it is a place I will certainly look when I am looking for Ohio events.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Didn't find it there Donna. But thanks very much for sharing this site.



