Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
I don't think it will matter just now; you can put in best-guess info.
They just want to have some idea what the lineage is so that they can send the correct requirements to you.
This page is for the New York consulate, but the requirements will be pretty much the same. You would fall under Category 3 with the addition of an extra generation. http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/exe ... =Published
They just want to have some idea what the lineage is so that they can send the correct requirements to you.
This page is for the New York consulate, but the requirements will be pretty much the same. You would fall under Category 3 with the addition of an extra generation. http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/exe ... =Published
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
"explaining the reasons of your request"
Would "planning to go to medical school overseas" count as an adequate reason?
EDIT: actually it'll be Germany specifically, but i doubt they would want to hear that.
Would "planning to go to medical school overseas" count as an adequate reason?
EDIT: actually it'll be Germany specifically, but i doubt they would want to hear that.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
You don't need a reason.
Keep this in mind: you are not requesting Italian citizenship. You are requesting that the Italian government recognize that you are and always were an Italian citizen.
There are no tests, no requirements that you know the language or history of Italy; merely that you show an unbroken bloodline between your Italian great-grandfather and yourself.
If you really want to show a reason, I would go with "to assert my right to Italian citizenship jure sanguinis" or something similar.
Keep this in mind: you are not requesting Italian citizenship. You are requesting that the Italian government recognize that you are and always were an Italian citizen.
There are no tests, no requirements that you know the language or history of Italy; merely that you show an unbroken bloodline between your Italian great-grandfather and yourself.
If you really want to show a reason, I would go with "to assert my right to Italian citizenship jure sanguinis" or something similar.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
thank you so much xD Your such an expert D:
btw i'm going to assume that by me doing this, my dad will automatically recognized and thus allowing my sister (underage) to request to be recognized under him at a later time. sound about right?
btw i'm going to assume that by me doing this, my dad will automatically recognized and thus allowing my sister (underage) to request to be recognized under him at a later time. sound about right?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Is your father interested? If so, have him apply for recognition with you and your sister tagging along.
If he is not interested, then you apply first and when your sister is ready all she nneds to do is to provide her own birth certificate and reference your file number (assigned by the consulate) for the rest of the documents.
If he is not interested, then you apply first and when your sister is ready all she nneds to do is to provide her own birth certificate and reference your file number (assigned by the consulate) for the rest of the documents.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
johnnyonthespot wrote:Another thing: the price from USCIS is the same whether you get the entire file or just the certificate. I would get the entire file - lots of useful info like his place of birth, wife's name and place of birth, children's names, etc. Also (usually) a current photo.
Carmine,
I got the naturalization record for my great grandfather right from Hudson County. Its just for genealogy not citizenship. Anyhow, USCIS has a file for him also. Do you think its the same info the county gave me ( date of citizenship, wife, kids, place of birth) or maybe there is more info in the USCIS file. Do they always have photos? I want that more than anything!
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Alicia,
My paternal grandfather filed his Declaration of Intent in 1932; maternal grandfather did the same in 1938. The photos below (paternal on top; maternal below) were attached to their declarations and later also to the Certificate of Naturalization when they were issued.
I am not certain when the use of photos began, but if you don't have these documents already (Declaration of Intent, Petition for Naturalization, and Certificate of Naturalization), you should definitely spend the $20 to get them.
Carmine
My paternal grandfather filed his Declaration of Intent in 1932; maternal grandfather did the same in 1938. The photos below (paternal on top; maternal below) were attached to their declarations and later also to the Certificate of Naturalization when they were issued.
I am not certain when the use of photos began, but if you don't have these documents already (Declaration of Intent, Petition for Naturalization, and Certificate of Naturalization), you should definitely spend the $20 to get them.
Carmine
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Hudson county only gave me the paper of the actual day he became a citizen. I dont recall the others you listed. I didnt realize it should be several documents.Maybe I should just go ahead and order it. He naturalized in 1922 so maybe there were photos. That would be great!
Alicia
Alicia
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Actually on further inspection I have the petition for naturalization and the declaration of intention. They only gave me a certified letter saying when he received the certification of naturalization but there isnt a copy of the original record. Was I supposed to get that?
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Alicia, I forget - do you have an Ancestry account?
This is a link to some randomly chosen (by me) naturalization records on Ancestry for the early 1920's. I didn't notice any photos; but as you can see, there is a lot of information on these documents which you may not have already.
Click here...
This is a link to some randomly chosen (by me) naturalization records on Ancestry for the early 1920's. I didn't notice any photos; but as you can see, there is a lot of information on these documents which you may not have already.
Click here...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
The Certificate of Naturalization is available only from USCIS. Since we are talking 1920's, I cannot say for certain that it will include a photo.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
I just took a peek. I have those papers but I didnt get the oath of allegiance. I looked into the fine print on the hudson county paperwork and it says I need to get the certification of naturalization from USCIS. I have no idea why they provided me everything else BUT that! Oh well...just another thing to order and wait for. At least its not for citizenship!
Alicia
PS Juts read the above post after the fact !
Alicia
PS Juts read the above post after the fact !
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
Advice: don't spend money on long-form, certified documents (birth, marriage, death) until you have seen them first. You never know if you need to make amendments. Get genealogical copies first.zeliack wrote: I guess I can now safely go gather the entire bundle of things like birth/marriage/death certs. Thanks again ^_^
I can't think of anything to ask of you right now, but if you have any advice: I'm more than delighted to hear it!
Re: Received G-1041 Index Search Request Letter.
you can get the certificate of naturalization from the national archives, and in the 1920 it would indule a photo.

