Can someone take a look and see if they can translate this into English for me?
Thank you so much in advance.
Translation of text on back of old photo
- lisagooley
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- lisagooley
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
Carissima Zia, vi ho mandato queste due righe per farvi sapere che io godo di ottima salute e cosi come spero di voi e di tutta la famiglia. Poi cara zia mi dovete scusare tanto di questa fotografia dove sono venuta troppo male. Poi vi saluto e vi bacio, sono vostra nipote ...
I had a friend transcribe it - but not translate.
I had a friend transcribe it - but not translate.
- lisagooley
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
He said he doesn't understand the words after "nipote"
- lisagooley
- Rookie

- Posts: 48
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
I tried to translate...am I close?
Most beloved Aunt, I have sent you these two lines in order makes you to know that I enjoy optimal health and hope the same of you and of all the family. Beloved aunt you must excuse this photograph as it has come out very badly. Then you salute and you kiss, are your grandaughter…
Most beloved Aunt, I have sent you these two lines in order makes you to know that I enjoy optimal health and hope the same of you and of all the family. Beloved aunt you must excuse this photograph as it has come out very badly. Then you salute and you kiss, are your grandaughter…
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
nipote in this case seems to refer to a nephew...Raffaele
He closes with greetings and kisses...
T.
He closes with greetings and kisses...
T.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
The part that I'm showing in Italic can be found on the bottom-right side, after rotating the image by 180°.lisagooley wrote:I tried to translate...am I close?
Most beloved Aunt, I have sent you these two lines in order to let you know that I enjoy optimal health and hope the same of you and of all the family. Beloved aunt you must excuse this photograph as it has come out very badly. Then I greet you and I kiss you, I am your nephew Acampora Raffaele prompt answer and good news by everybody in family