Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
stlbirdman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 19:18

Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Post by stlbirdman »

Hello!
My great grandmother Rosalia Sgarlata was born in Termini Imerisi, Sicily in 1884. Her parents were Giuseppe and Anna Sgarlata. She had brothers named Giuseppe, Liborio and sisters named Domenica, Maria and Augustina. They are possibly first cousins of Filippo Sgarlata, the sculptor, also from Termini Imerisi. I have no other information about the family and would love to find out more!

thank you
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Post by maestra36 »

Welcome to this forum. You may find something helpful on this database

http://www.termini-imerese.org/
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Post by maestra36 »

also search the surnames on www.familysearch.org
User avatar
stlbirdman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 19:18

Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Post by stlbirdman »

Thanks!!!
User avatar
Tcsblue87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Oct 2023, 15:21

Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily

Post by Tcsblue87 »

Hello,I came across your post and my last name is Scarlata. Our name was changed at Ellis Island when my Great grandparents arrived. The original name of my great grandfather was spelled with a G instead of a C. Slavatore G Sgarlata then changed to Scarlata. He was married to Josephine Felice and they had I believe 4 children my grandfather being one. I am in search of information on my great grandfather but I cant seem to find anything.

The locations given by ancestry are
Norther sicily,East palermo province, south bagheria

And 23&me shows
Eastern messina
Eleuterio basin
Gulf of Termini Imerese
Mount Etna and simeto basin

So I saw your post and its close to information I have found so far.

Probably no relation but if there is that would be awesome!
TcsBlue87 :D
Post Reply