Hi, Just after some advice or reassurance....Im about to send $350 US to a genealogist (whom I dont know much about) in Argentina. This will buy me 10 hours of her time to search for the descendants of my great grandmother. I have no guarantee that information will be found and I need to pay in advance.
Do these terms seem reasonable and fair.
Your comments and experiences are very welcome as I havnt done this before.
Liliana
Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
My family are from Sicily: Fiumefreddo, Ficarra, Giampilieri, Cumia, Messina and Carmela Zagami,Argentina.
Re: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
Hi Liliana,
About 6 weeks ago I was in a similar situation to you, except I was sending a comparable amount of money to Crotia for some Slovenian research. The results were fantastic, they exceded my expectations. (The areas in Slovenia that some of my relatives came from were for some time part of Itay). The woman provided me with .jpg files of all the Parish entries and assembled a GEDCOM file that I could import into Family Tree Maker. I only know a limited amount of Italian and no Slovenian, the translations were a bonus, I believe that the money was well spent.
David
About 6 weeks ago I was in a similar situation to you, except I was sending a comparable amount of money to Crotia for some Slovenian research. The results were fantastic, they exceded my expectations. (The areas in Slovenia that some of my relatives came from were for some time part of Itay). The woman provided me with .jpg files of all the Parish entries and assembled a GEDCOM file that I could import into Family Tree Maker. I only know a limited amount of Italian and no Slovenian, the translations were a bonus, I believe that the money was well spent.
David
Re: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
That's great glad to hear you got a good outcome. Im mainly nervous because I havnt seen any recommendations anywhere for this company (apart from their own website). I dont really know if they have a good reputation. If I knew more I wouldnt have any big concerns about paying in advance.
My family are from Sicily: Fiumefreddo, Ficarra, Giampilieri, Cumia, Messina and Carmela Zagami,Argentina.
