Morningstar wrote:Hello ,I am looking for help in finding these persons
Geovana Monteveda,Vincenzo Monteveda and Maria Zona espicially the last two. Geovana came to America and changed his name to John Edward Jones and lived in Charleston SC. So don't need to much on him. I have a letter from his mother Maria Zona ,while liveing in Treiste Italy . I believe Vincenzo and Maria were probly born in the 1820's or about. i know there was a brother named Pinni or something it started with a P.
The 18050 census of Charleston SC shows Geavana Monteveda came here at the age of 20 on the steam ship Southern.
Can anyone here possibly help me on this family since I do NOT speak or understand Italian
Thanks so very much

Hi, I have some doubt abt the surname spelling..
it could be Monteverde???
I found this record:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about G Monteverde
Name: G Monteverde
Arrival Date: 9 Jun 1849
Birth Year: abt 1834
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Fortunato
in travel with Joseph Monteverde age 25...
also abt Pinni brother, maybe
Pino, diminutive of
Giuseppe (Joseph) and that it could match...
Zona is a surname in Trieste....
in this database:
Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s
about Geavana Monteveda
Name: Geavana Monteveda
Year: 1850
Age: 20
Estimated birth year: abt 1830
Place: Charleston, South Carolina
Source Publication Code: 5833.20
Primary Immigrant:
Monteveda, Geavana
Annotation: Date and place of mention in New World. Gender, occupation, and country of origin may also be provided.
Source Bibliography: MOTES, MARGARET PECKHAM. Migration to South Carolina: 1850 Census. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2005.
Page: 143
seeming that your ancestor Geavana ( really in italian spelling is Giovanni) Monteveda ( maybe Monteverde; Monteveda exist not) arrived in 1850 or before.... what other infos you have?
Regards,
suanj