HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
stewey75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 19:28

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by stewey75 »

I love this place..all these places at your finger tips!

Yes, he has been a help for the Canadian side. I do have a question for him again as far as who Lucie Larue was since I thought Jean Baptiste was married to Marie Oulette. I can't wait to see what he says. Maybe he was married twice!

I have Irish and German and Polish relatives so I've gone over to those as well! Hopefully I get good luck at those places as I did here!! :)

Thanks!!
User avatar
kittapea
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 May 2010, 13:46

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by kittapea »

My great grandfather was Victor Cavagnaro from Haverhill (Boston) MA. I only know that he had a sister and brother that continued to live in Boston. He married my great grandmother, Carolina, Cora who was French and moved to Berlin, NH. I was told that he was from Genoa but that cannot be confirmed. I have read that there were Cavagnaro's coming over on a ship in the 1800's. My Grandmother was his oldest child, Madeleine, and was born in 1903. This would fit with when the family arrived. Any information would be appreciated.

My other Grandfather, Joseph Martin Gagliuso, along with his brother Libitore, came over together in the 1900's. He was born in May of 1901. I do not know if he went thorough the US or Canada but he also ended up in Berlin, NH.
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Does this look like a possibility?

Name: Mr. Victoire Cavagnaro
Arrival Date: 24 Jun 1880
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Age: 2
Gender: Female [this seems incorrect to me]
Port of Departure: Le Havre, France
Destination: United States of America
Place of Origin: Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Labrador
Search Ship Database: Search the Labrador in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 17
Microfilm Serial: M237
Microfilm Roll: M237_428
List Number: 786
Port Arrival State: New York

The actual manifest does not contain any additional information, as was typical for that era.

I also found this naturalization index card:

Image
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The manifest mentioned above actually includes an entire family of Cavagnaro's:

Antoine, male, aged 48
Therese, female, aged 46
J.B., male, aged 29
Marie, female, aged 11
Louise, female, aged 6
Daniel, male, aged 9
Victoire, female, aged 2


Here is the manifest:

Image
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Nerlman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 May 2010, 16:14

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by Nerlman »

Hi: I stumbled across this site while searching for information about my great grandparents Antonio Casassa & Angela Bianco. Yes, the Paganussi's (Sarafina (Sadie), Emma, Mary, Louisa and Jeanna) resided @ 29 Elmwood Street were very close to their 1st cousins the Casassa's (Sarafina (Mary), Charles and Agustus) who lived next door at 25 Elmwood. The Casassa's called their Sarafina, Mary becuase her Paganussi cousin was 53 days older. I vivdly remember Sadie, Jeanna and of course Emma who lived at 29 Elmwood her entire life until she passed I believe. My grandfather Charles (who stayed at 25 Elmwood) purchased the home from Emma's husband Ralph before he moved to the south shore of Ma to live out his remaining years. I was hoping that I could find out more information my great grandparents, Antonio and Angela. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by vj »

Nerlman wrote:... I was hoping that I could find out more information my great grandparents, Antonio and Angela.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Welcome to the forum :D !
You may want to start your own post so your family won't get tangled up with another poster's family.
Any details you have should help - birth dates, locations, parents, siblings, etc
Thank you
User avatar
Nerlman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 May 2010, 16:14

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by Nerlman »

OK VJ, I will do that. Thank you
User avatar
janicem
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 May 2010, 13:49
Contact:

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by janicem »

I am trying to locate any relatives to Giacomo Mascia born 1/7/1888 in Rome. He came to New York with his brother in 1905. He migrated to Cincinnati ohio and his name was changed to James Misch,He married Clara Ammon. Does anyone have any more info
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...

Post by vj »

janicem wrote:I am trying to locate any relatives to Giacomo Mascia born 1/7/1888 in Rome. He came to New York with his brother in 1905. He migrated to Cincinnati ohio and his name was changed to James Misch,He married Clara Ammon. Does anyone have any more info
Welcome to the Forum :D !
We would be happy to help you look for your family.
If you could start your own post and let us know which US records you already have it would help.
The 'new topic' button is just below this post on the left side.
Thank you!
Valarie

---

Possible burial records from St Joseph New Cemetery
Cincinnati, Hamilton, OH
http://www.stjoenew.com/genealogy.html

Last First Middle Date of death Date of interment Age
Parents' name
Section


MISCH JAMES G 08/05/1965 08/09/1965 77
CHARLES AND CELESTE MISCH
20

MISCH CLARA 04/19/1966 04/22/1966 72
FRANK AMMANS AND MINNIE ATTNESS
20
Post Reply