Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
I have been searching high and low for the addresses to send two different requests to Italy to acquire birth certificates.
I need the full physical addresses to send my requests. They need to go to San Paolo di Civitate, and to Serracapriola. Both are in Foggia. Can anyone help me???
I need the full physical addresses to send my requests. They need to go to San Paolo di Civitate, and to Serracapriola. Both are in Foggia. Can anyone help me???
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
I think these should work:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di San Paolo di Civitate
Piazza Municipio 2
71010 San Paolo di Civitate FG
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Serracapriola
Via dei Pozzi Avellana
71010 Serracapriola FG
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di San Paolo di Civitate
Piazza Municipio 2
71010 San Paolo di Civitate FG
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Serracapriola
Via dei Pozzi Avellana
71010 Serracapriola FG
ITALY
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Jus to verify, this is where I would write to in order to acquire birth certificates?
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Jus to verify, this is where I would write to in order to acquire birth certificates?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Yes. Be sure to write in Italian - important for all comuni, but especially for the smaller ones.
You can find "how to" in this thread http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=15162/
These sites have proven helpful to many users as well:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
You can find "how to" in this thread http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=15162/
These sites have proven helpful to many users as well:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Will this work???
Egregio Direttore:
Sto cercando di completare la mia richiesta di doppia cittadinanza e hanno bisogno io aiuto.
Ho allegato un modulo di richiesta di un certificato di nascita ufficiale, insieme a due tagliandi di risposta internazionale in modo da non dover pagare di spedizione di ritorno. Se vi è un costo per di questi documenti, si prega di informare me. Potete contattarmi via mail o per posta elettronica, e io manderò il pagamento immediatamente.
Nel caso il é dati non siano disponibili la pregherei di inviarmi comunque una nota. Inoltre, se i documenti non ci sono per quel periodo, o se Lei conosce altre fonti, Le sarei grata se potesse suggerirmi come proseguire la mia ricerca.
Mi permetto di precisare che dovendo presentare le copie conformi all´originale, mi occorrono certificati con timbro e firma originali.
La ringrazio infinitamente del suo aiuto. Ti prego di scusare il mio italiano, sto ancora imparando.
Sinceramente,
Egregio Direttore:
Sto cercando di completare la mia richiesta di doppia cittadinanza e hanno bisogno io aiuto.
Ho allegato un modulo di richiesta di un certificato di nascita ufficiale, insieme a due tagliandi di risposta internazionale in modo da non dover pagare di spedizione di ritorno. Se vi è un costo per di questi documenti, si prega di informare me. Potete contattarmi via mail o per posta elettronica, e io manderò il pagamento immediatamente.
Nel caso il é dati non siano disponibili la pregherei di inviarmi comunque una nota. Inoltre, se i documenti non ci sono per quel periodo, o se Lei conosce altre fonti, Le sarei grata se potesse suggerirmi come proseguire la mia ricerca.
Mi permetto di precisare che dovendo presentare le copie conformi all´originale, mi occorrono certificati con timbro e firma originali.
La ringrazio infinitamente del suo aiuto. Ti prego di scusare il mio italiano, sto ancora imparando.
Sinceramente,
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
I am sorry to say that I cannot read Italian well enough to offer an opinion.
.
.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
It says....
Dear Director:
I'm trying to complete my application for dual citizenship and I need help.
I have enclosed a form requesting an official birth certificate, along with two international reply coupons to avoid paying return shipping. If there is a cost for these documents, please inform me. You can contact me via mail or email and I will send the payment immediately.
If the data is not available please send a note anyway. Also, if the documents are not available for that period, or if you know otherwise, I would be grateful if you could suggest how to continue my research.
I would point out that having to submit true copies, I need certificates with original stamp and signature.
Thank you very much your help. Please excuse my Italian, I'm still learning.
Sincerely,
Dear Director:
I'm trying to complete my application for dual citizenship and I need help.
I have enclosed a form requesting an official birth certificate, along with two international reply coupons to avoid paying return shipping. If there is a cost for these documents, please inform me. You can contact me via mail or email and I will send the payment immediately.
If the data is not available please send a note anyway. Also, if the documents are not available for that period, or if you know otherwise, I would be grateful if you could suggest how to continue my research.
I would point out that having to submit true copies, I need certificates with original stamp and signature.
Thank you very much your help. Please excuse my Italian, I'm still learning.
Sincerely,
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
How did you locate those two addresses for me? I looked forever.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
What? Give away my secrets?ericj wrote:How did you locate those two addresses for me? I looked forever.
Realistically, for most all comunes large and small, you can probably simply write to:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile (or even Ufficio Anagrafe)
Comune di Xxxxxxxx
CAP (ZIP) Code Xxxxxxxx (comune name) XX (two letter province code)
ITALY
One would think the local postman would know where to deliver the envelope.
I tried Google and Wikipedia.org first as I can usually find links to comune websites that way. In this case, no link for one comune and a dead link for the other. So I went instead to a generally useful site, http://www.comuni-italiani.it
In this case, http://www.comuni-italiani.it/071/050/ and http://en.comuni-italiani.it/071/053/
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Hi!
This site has the street address also
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
Under "Municipio"
To the address add:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
and
ITALY
This site has the street address also
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
Under "Municipio"
To the address add:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
and
ITALY
Re: Need Help Finding Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Well, I already sent the two requests out with the address info that johnnyonthespot gave, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
