Della Giustina
Della Giustina
I am looking for my ancestors who are from Vittorio Veneto. My grandfather, Antonio Della Giustina was born there on March 25, 1885 and came to the United States in 1901. His father was Daniele Della Giustina and his mother was Augusto Sasso. We think that Daniele father was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. I have no dates and am new at using this site. Please excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly.
Re: Della Giustina
Hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Yes, you're doing this correctly
.
Are you looking for direction on how to locate family records in Vittorio Veneto?
Do you need help finding US records (ship manifests, census military registration)
Or, do you need assistance with both Italian & US records?
Thank you!
Valarie
Is this your family webpage?
http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html
Yes, you're doing this correctly
Are you looking for direction on how to locate family records in Vittorio Veneto?
Do you need help finding US records (ship manifests, census military registration)
Or, do you need assistance with both Italian & US records?
Thank you!
Valarie
Is this your family webpage?
http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Della Giustina
Since you know Vittorio Veneto is the town of origin You can obtain his bierth record (Estratto di nascita in carta libera) from the town UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE.
Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the italian language form letters. Mail to the address located under MUNICIPIO at www.tuttitalia.it/veneto/67-vittorio-veneto =Peter=
Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the italian language form letters. Mail to the address located under MUNICIPIO at www.tuttitalia.it/veneto/67-vittorio-veneto =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Della Giustina
vj - Yes - our family tree that I have worked on with relatives is indeed the one you listed above. We hope the dates are correct. I do not speak Italian so I feel as if I am at a disadvantage. I am going to try the site that Peter Timber said. Thank you, Audrey
Re: Della Giustina
Audrey,
Have you made any more progress on your family tree? I am particularly interested in discussing this with you as my family is also from Vittorio Veneto in the parish of Serravalle, just like yours.
In my family, Magdalena Della Guistina (born abt. 1860) married Giovanni DeNardi. Their daughter Augusta married into the Franco family and I am a descendant of that family.
Concetta
Have you made any more progress on your family tree? I am particularly interested in discussing this with you as my family is also from Vittorio Veneto in the parish of Serravalle, just like yours.
In my family, Magdalena Della Guistina (born abt. 1860) married Giovanni DeNardi. Their daughter Augusta married into the Franco family and I am a descendant of that family.
Concetta
Re: Della Giustina
Concetta - In our family tree - I have a Giovanna Di Nardi marrying a Daniel Della Giustina (1884 - 1973). Their children were Dante Della Giustina, Benjamin Della Giustina and Mary Della Giustina. I know that they ended up living in West Springfield, MA.
I can't seem to find a Magdalena Della Giustina - although you spelled it Guistina so it may be from another family. I know some of my relatives changed their spelling once they were here in United States.
Audrey
I can't seem to find a Magdalena Della Giustina - although you spelled it Guistina so it may be from another family. I know some of my relatives changed their spelling once they were here in United States.
Audrey
Re: Della Giustina
My apologies, it is Giustina. Typo. I have a work permit for Augusta that lists it correctly.
I am pondering that she might be from the generation of your first ancestor, Antonio Della Giustina. As in, a sister or cousin. The name seems so clustered in Serravalle/Vittorio Veneto, I can't help but think the family connects somehow.
My family in that area is gone (passed away) so its hard for me to get to new research from them. I am thinking of ordering the films from the LDS to see if they have anything on them from when the area was under Austrian rule, but I have a feeling I'm not going to find much. Have you ordered any of them? I know they're in German which is a language I do not speak.
I am pondering that she might be from the generation of your first ancestor, Antonio Della Giustina. As in, a sister or cousin. The name seems so clustered in Serravalle/Vittorio Veneto, I can't help but think the family connects somehow.
My family in that area is gone (passed away) so its hard for me to get to new research from them. I am thinking of ordering the films from the LDS to see if they have anything on them from when the area was under Austrian rule, but I have a feeling I'm not going to find much. Have you ordered any of them? I know they're in German which is a language I do not speak.
Re: Della Giustina
My grandfather's parents were Daniele Della Giustina and Augusto Sasso. He had a brother Bartolo Della Giustina who married Angelina (Angela) Paier, Augusto Della Giustina who married Catherine Bianchi and a sister Della Libera Della Giustina whom I know nothing about. I have many of their dates. My grandfather's uncle was Antonio Della Giustina who married Antonia Piccin. His grandfather was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. You can find what info I do have on our website. Hope this helps. If you can add anything to this it would be greatly appreciated. webpages.charter.net/r...0tree.html
Audrey
Audrey
Re: Della Giustina
Sorry - didn't give you complete web page. Audrey
http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html
http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html
Re: Della Giustina
Hello Audrey, a couple of year ago there was someone who applied for italian citizenship, a Della Giustina, I have the church certificates you are looking for, send me a pm (ricbru@gmail.com). I would be happy to share with you all I have, I will wait for your reply
bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo
Audrey39 wrote:I am looking for my ancestors who are from Vittorio Veneto. My grandfather, Antonio Della Giustina was born there on March 25, 1885 and came to the United States in 1901. His father was Daniele Della Giustina and his mother was Augusto Sasso. We think that Daniele father was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. I have no dates and am new at using this site. Please excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly.
Re: Della Giustina
Do not order the Serravalle films from LDS. They are related only to german soldier we where there during Austrian Kingdom from 1816 to 1866.
Actually there are no films about Vittorio Veneto in LDS.
Actually there are no films about Vittorio Veneto in LDS.
Re: Della Giustina
Audrey,
My grandfather was Augusto Della Giustina, the brother of your grandfather Antonio.
I recently visited Vittorio Veneto and understand the family genealogy relatively well.
Please get in touch with me if you're still interested.
John DellaGiustina
My grandfather was Augusto Della Giustina, the brother of your grandfather Antonio.
I recently visited Vittorio Veneto and understand the family genealogy relatively well.
Please get in touch with me if you're still interested.
John DellaGiustina


