Can anyone help me with this?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
dianesato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 08 Jul 2010, 00:24
Location: USA
Contact:

Can anyone help me with this?

Post by dianesato »

I am wondering if there is a good Italian search site that you know of to try and research ancestors. All the ones I have come across has not been helpful..I do have a subscripyion to Ancestarty.com but I cannot find any specific Italian search there. Thank you for your time!
~ Diane
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Diane,

You've stumbled into the best Italian research site of them all! :)

Why not give us some idea of what/who you are looking for and we'll see if we can help.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
dianesato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 08 Jul 2010, 00:24
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by dianesato »

Thank you Carmine. I am looking for any info I can get on Dorothea Casmira/ Rozzoni and Ettore Dozzino/Rozzoni. Ettore changed the family name to Rozzoni after settling in Kenosha Wisconsin. I know that Dorothea came over on the boat with her daughter Maria Dozzina/Rozzoni in June 19, 1913. Dorothea wa born on Dec 18 1888 and Ettore was born on Dec 20 1887 in Rota Greca , Calabria area. I am looking for any siblings they may have had in Italy or their birth parents.
I sent letters to Rota Grexa Calabria Commune today and will ordering the micro fis films. I have done all this one a couple of years ago but I never heard from them and never were able to get the films.
Can anyone help me find a clue please?
`Diane
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by Biff83 »

dianesato wrote:Ettore was born on Dec 20 1887 in Rota Greca , Calabria area.
Diane
In rechecking the manifest for Ettore it shows his last residence as Rota Greca but his birth place as Celico.

Page 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002

Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by Biff83 »

Older thread to avoid duplication of efforts.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... zzino.html

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by PeterTimber »

areyou squared away now Diana? =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
dianesato
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 08 Jul 2010, 00:24
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by dianesato »

I was really hoping for some new info on my grandparents.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Post by PeterTimber »

what information do you sense you are lacking?....what is it thats missing in your minds eye? =Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply