Need to find Ascarafini comune

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
trundo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 76
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 19:44
Location: North Olmsted, Ohio, USA

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by trundo »

Hi suanj,

What I have gotten from vj on the other forum is that Nicola Rundo could be Calogero Rundo. This is because Grazia Polizzi's english was bad or none at all and who ever was doing the manifest just put down anything that sounded right (or just wrote something down).

Do you feel that Nicola Rundo could be Calogero Rundo?

I have sent off a request (archive@cuyahogacounty.us) to get a copy of the Death Certificate for Grazia Rundo (Polizzi). What we are figuring is that she came over to the USA in 1905 but died in early/mid 1906. Then Calogero Rundo re-married in the Fall/Winter 1906.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by suanj »

yes I know that Valarie, however it is strange.... maybe Nicola was another first name of Calogero, maybe he was Calogero Nicola Rundo.. and Grace called it only Nicola.. it is possible....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
trundo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 76
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 19:44
Location: North Olmsted, Ohio, USA

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by trundo »

suaj,

per your post
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Calogero Guiseppe Rundo
Name: Calogero Guiseppe Rundo
Birth Date: 1 Aug 1878
Birth Place: Messina
Residence: Cuyahoga, Ohio
Race: White
Roll: WWII_1283743
Could Calogero Guiseppe Rundo be Calogero Nicola Rundo?
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by vj »

suanj wrote:.... maybe Nicola was another first name of Calogero, maybe he was Calogero Nicola Rundo.. and Grace called it only Nicola.. it is possible....
suanj,
Thank you :D , I hadn't thought of that
Valarie
User avatar
trundo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 76
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 19:44
Location: North Olmsted, Ohio, USA

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by trundo »

But the WWII Draft card shows Calogero Guiseppe Rundo.

Could it just be a nickname that Grace called Calogero?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need to find Ascarafini comune

Post by suanj »

trundo wrote:suaj,

per your post
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Calogero Guiseppe Rundo
Name: Calogero Guiseppe Rundo
Birth Date: 1 Aug 1878
Birth Place: Messina
Residence: Cuyahoga, Ohio
Race: White
Roll: WWII_1283743
Could Calogero Guiseppe Rundo be Calogero Nicola Rundo?
who know?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply